Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

If it's on a closed forum that I don't have access to then it doesn't exist... Just open up the MSFS forum Asobo, even if it's read only access for non-testers...  What's the big secret? It's MSFS not something "important".

You mad bro? You need to get out more. Seriously, the fact that you are on a forum about make believe airplanes and getting worked up about fake trees is embarrassing to watch. Well, it's quite amusing actually. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Why oh why is there no setting that hides quotes of ignored users. 🤬

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Give people power to really test their personality.

1 hour ago, YMMB said:

I think this is more about you not being in Alpha....and we'll just leave it there.

I don't want oversized trees (again)... been putting up with that for the last 10+ years in FSX/P3D

34 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

and the captain looked at a tall tree and said : we cant flight with trees like this ,     im done ,            my career is over ,               seriously look at it , they are hugeeeea . 

As above

16 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

You mad bro? You need to get out more. Seriously, the fact that you are on a forum about make believe airplanes and getting worked up about fake trees is embarrassing to watch. Well, it's quite amusing actually. 

As above

Matthew S

Most trees are taller than a Cessna. Some trees, not all, are taller than an A380. In my opinion.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Did anyone hug a tree today?  Oh, go on. You know you want to.  But don't forget to put on your N95 mask...

Edited by overspeed3

Interesting that MS is targeting July for the Closed BETA, would that be an indication that an Open BETA might happen some time in the months to follow?

Edited by SierraDelta

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

39 minutes ago, 767lover said:

Trees are fine.

I love trees too, what should we do without trees..

Didn’t they say they plan to get everyone in the alpha that has applied for it?... If that’s the case am guessing we’re all going to get access before July (closed beta).

• Like 1

Exciting news indeed. So what's a closed Beta exactly? And what does that mean for a future release date? I'mm assuming the beta timeline is shorter than that of the Alpha? What's after Beta? Gold?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

I think Asobo have done a great job with the sim and I am totally looking forward to MSFS.

I do believe they will do something about the scale of trees, at least I certainly hope so and would love to hear from them that this will be addressed.

An accurate size scale of visual references such as trees is really important for virtual pilots because if gives the user a sense of how high above the ground he/she is, especially on a landing approach. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

11 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Exciting news indeed. So what's a closed Beta exactly? And what does that mean for a future release date? I'mm assuming the beta timeline is shorter than that of the Alpha? What's after Beta? Gold?

Thinking about it I’d imagine closed Beta will be open access to the alpha for all that’s applied. Closed to the general public still. Following that I guess it will be either open Beta and release or straight to release.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Thinking about it I’d imagine closed Beta will be open access to the alpha for all that’s applied. Closed to the general public still. Following that I guess it will be either open Beta and release or straight to release.

If it is to be release why have sept roadmap , some are reading it the way they want it to read, min specs answered when the list on the right in feedback snapshot says answered then we will be near release, what will the august dev roadmap say oct update?.

PS you can no longer see how many are registered on the insider forum who`s  in and when they joined so no more whinging, your not going to know how many more are signed up.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

For anyone who is interested in the ATC captions from the video... Might help us understand how detailed the ATC is.

• Generic 702, Turn Left heading 020.
  • Turn left heading 020, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, Turn right heading 050.
  • Turn right heading 050, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, Turn left heading 015, Descend and maintain 3,000ft.
  • Turn left heading 015, Decend and maintain 3,000ft, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, Turn left heading 345.
  • Turn left heading 345, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, Turn left heading 190, Descend and maintain 2,000ft.
  • Generic 702, Turn left heading 190, Descend and maintain 2,000ft. (rpt)
  • Generic 702, you are 7 miles north of Schipol. Contact Tower on119.9 when inbound on the approach.
  • Tower on 119.9, Generic 702.
  • Schipol Approach, Generic KLM1702 is missed approach at Schipol.
  • Generic 702, you are 3 miles northwest. Turn right heading 305, Climb and maintain 7,000ft Expect ILS runway 18R approach via SUGOL transition. Cleared to SUGOL.
  • Turn right heading 305, Climb and maintain 7,000ft Expect ILS runway 18R approach via SUGOL transition, cleared to SUGOL, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, Turn right heading 095.
  • Turn right heading 095, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, Please expedite your climb to 7,000ft.
  • Generic 702, Turn left heading 015 resume own navigation.
  • Turn left heading 015 resume own navigation, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, traffic is at nine o'clock, 2 miles at 1,000ft. Generic. Report them in sight.
  • Generic 702, traffic in sight.
  • Generic 702 contact Rotterdam Approach on 127.025.
  • 127.025 for Generic 702.
  • Schipol Approach, Generic KLM1702 is at 7,400ft descending 7,000ft.
  • Generic KLM1702, Schipol Approach roger. Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702, you are 300ft above your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Maintain present heading and altituse, Generic 702.
  • Generic 702, you are 400ft above your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702, you are 800ft below your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702, you are 600ft above your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702, you are 500ft above your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702, traffic is at two o'clock, 4 miles at 1,600ft. Generic. Report them in sight.
  • Generic 702, have the traffic.
  • Generic 702, you are 1500ft below your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702, you are 300ft above your assigned altitude. Maintain present heading and altitude Altimeter 29.92.
  • Generic 702 Turn left heading 165.
  • Turn left heading 165, Generic 702.
  •  
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

9 minutes ago, Matt Barraud said:

For anyone who is interested in the ATC captions from the video... Might help us understand how detailed the ATC is.

Well, I'm hoping this is an early version of the ATC 😬

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 2