Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

5 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

Well, we don't know how it's going to handle that. Live ATC traffic have real atc taking care of it. But we know Ai traffic will take over but when? Before landing? After landing when the receivers are turned off? From that moment AI only has to take care of parking to gate.

I don't think the AI will take care of traffic separation besides what it was doing in FSX already with high traffic.. and no idea about holding points. I guess we'll see and it's likely we'll know more with the episode about IFR, however that has been postponed to the end of May so we gotta wait a bit more 🙂

Since the player is supposed to fly with the live traffic, The AI ATC needs to step in and provide the spacing. The other option is that the live traffic will operate completely detached on the player actions. From what Asobo has delivered so far I'd be surprised if this is what they are going for. Definately interesting to see how this will play out in the end.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

Nice screenshots, beta in july!

Woohoo @mp15 ! 😉

Open Beta this year seems very possible!

Flightsim_104-1.jpg

The photogrammetry of the houses on the bottom don't look so well. Like when it's not fully loaded when you browse Google Earth. Slow internet connection? Bad system?

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-06-05-2

Therefore, that one got me once again. ❤️ That's what I will enjoy once we get that sim!

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Yes of course I'll still purchase it... but I'll turn off the trees if they look ridiculous

Do you honestly believe that MSFS wont have the tree sized fixed before release?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

19 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Since the player is supposed to fly with the live traffic, The AI ATC needs to step in and provide the spacing. The other option is that the live traffic will operate completely detached on the player actions. From what Asobo has delivered so far I'd be surprised if this is what they are going for. Definately interesting to see how this will play out in the end.

I would be surprised to see FS20 not using the old FSX ATC as is including the use of Go Around instead of speed restrictions for separation. For my type of flying it was not bad except for the early and rather brutal IFR vectoring that I don't care for. We'll know more with the IFR EP trailer once more delayed. Hopefully, it will show that I am wrong.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

I somehow doubt that we won‘t have baked in shadows (at least on first release). If I remember correctly we could see double shadows in one of the Madrid screenshots (baked in + sim), so I‘m pretty sure we‘ll get simulated shadows. They also said it in the discovery series. 

Yes we'll have baked shadows, I've almost no doubt about it. What I find weird is that we don't see double shadows anymore. And there is only one explanation to it ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

51 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-06-05-2

Therefore, that one got me once again. ❤️ That's what I will enjoy once we get that sim!

What got you ? Everything is wrong in this KGCN shot : the airport is missing, the vegetation is in the wrong place and of the wrong type. 

Dominique

1 hour ago, Ian Box said:

I really hope this is a very early version, as I was expecting a lot better, considering the amazing improvements in most other aspects of the sim.

Well I suppose it's possible that MS/Asobo are just not that bothered about ATC. Another possibility is that any significant enhancement for ATC has been pushed back till after initial release. There's only so much that can be prioritised.

Give people power to really test their personality.

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

The photogrammetry of the houses on the bottom don't look so well. Like when it's not fully loaded when you browse Google Earth. Slow internet connection? Bad system?

I have the feeling this is an AI city. The building type and height seem to be too consistent for a photogrammetry city. We'll know for sure when someone finds the location.

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

Woohoo @mp15 ! 😉

Open Beta this year seems very possibile.

Do not confuse open beta with a closed beta with gamers under a strict ND agreement.

I believe There Will be an upgrade from current alpha to a closed Beta mode and this Is where the Major problemas usually appear and by fixing these previous micro solutions of the past, these issues typically come back and appear as mega problems for the whole ecosystem.

After several months of hard work, the closed beta could  become open for inital alpha testers who we're left out for having regular domestic computers at 16gb ram.

After several months of hard work including monitoring stability and that everything Is working fine in the multiplayers servers or North América and Europe, the release date comes up and It Is announced to the public, which i estimate between January 2021 (if lucky) and April 2021.

Edited by mp15

After my observations, trees look 25% bigger than what they should look like In the First image, but again i Will stop with my observations until they decide to upgrade art direction and get someone serious like me.

I dont care if trees are a little too big or small. I just dont care. Those trees look good enough for me.

Edited by zemez
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

24 minutes ago, mp15 said:

After several months of hard work including monitoring stability and that everything Is working fine in the multiplayers servers or North América and Europe, the release date comes up and It Is announced to the public, which i estimate between January 2021 (if lucky) and April 2021.

A beta should last longer than 6 months?

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

Flightsim_104-1.jpg

GdOYC9o.jpg

It's Santa Clarita, California. Photogrammetry qualitiy in Bing Maps is pretty good there so it could be a loading issue. That could have been the reason why the tester took the screenshot.

I wonder what Six Flags Magic Mountain (left) looks like in the sim. Those photogrammetry rollercoasters look rather messy in Bing Maps.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:
2 hours ago, tweekz said:

herefore, that one got me once again. ❤️ That's what I will enjoy once we get that sim!

What got you ? Everything is wrong in this KGCN shot : the airport is missing, the vegetation is in the wrong place and of the wrong type. 

When I first saw it I also thought that it looked amazing. Only later did I realise that it's supposed to be an airport😂

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Everything? The sky is blue. That looks absolutely spot on!

• Like 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS