Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

At first glance, I thought, what is the aircraft doing in the middle of a river? I would never have guessed that it's supposed to be an airport.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, mp15 said:

i Will stop with my observations until they decide to upgrade art direction and get someone serious like me.

🤣🤣 You crack me up everytime!

• Like 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

W O W ! 

I'm left speachless - again.

• Like 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

What got you ? Everything is wrong in this KGCN shot : the airport is missing, the vegetation is in the wrong place and of the wrong type. 

Don't forget the missing undulation.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, mp15 said:

the release date comes up and It Is announced to the public, which i estimate between January 2021 (if lucky) and April 2021.

Basically I agree with you about the time frame of the full release. I'd even go a little beyond and say mid 2021. But who knows... we're not on the dev team, so we certainly do not. A open beta on the other hand  could happen far before.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

22 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Don't forget the missing undulation.

Last time I was there the runway was flat but made of asphalt and without an Iroquois hairdo of grass right in the middle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I'm probably gonna need a new rig for this.  Can't really tell right now.  But who knows what gaming Intel chip, or GPU will be available if "2020" is actually released about a year from now!

8 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I don't want oversized trees (again)... been putting up with that for the last 10+ years in FSX/P3D

As above

As above

They're fake trees in a computer game. Seriously....

This is truly the most amusing thing ever....

• Like 4

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

26 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Last time I was there the runway was flat but made of asphalt and without an Iroquois hairdo of grass right in the middle

I've never been there and also didn't research what location it was when watching the screenshot. So I basically just enjoyed the scenery, which looks fantastic to me. Sorry.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

12 hours ago, MatthewS said:

NO, they don't. They refuse to engage with the community here on AVSIM. 

So, prove me wrong Asobo, engage with the community and answer these questions:-

1) Do generic airports (i.e. not the hand-crafted iconic airports we've seen) have undulating runways that conform to the underlying terrain?  Post a pic here.

2) Do you understand the world is populated with normal sized trees, and that the Jurassic era monstrosities we are seeing, especially in that first c172 shot above (and others) are the exception not the rule?

The thing with you Matthew, is that it's not your actual feedback or "nitpicking" that rubs people the wrong way - it's the way you go about voicing it.  Like, just look at the weirdly entitled, accusatory tone you take in this one post I quoted. "They REFUSE to engage". "PROVE me wrong". "Do you understand..."

And any time someone points that out, you immediately retreat into "OH YEAH LETS JUST NEVER CRITICIZE ANYTHING AND ALL BE SYCOPHANTIC LAP DOGS"

Just... bring it down a notch, man.  We can all get along.

Edited by Scottoest
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I've never been there and also didn't research what location it was when watching the screenshot. So I basically just enjoyed the scenery, which looks fantastic to me. Sorry.

Yes I understand that. I tend not to fly in areas that I know well, like where I live. Better go to other places where I can't find the flaws and be amazed.😉

But the issue here is not to know the place or not. The runway texture is not in place and the  AI or whatever has mixed up the central line with grass. Asobo has  already said a couple of times in its updates that some airports were missing. This is a case.  Also there is no clutter of trees that close to the runway ! 

I am sure that will be corrected. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

So much bitterness in this thread, truly sad. It's just a piece of software guys, take a chill pill. Like most people said, imagine where we were at a year ago before knowing this existed? I for one am mega hyped. Holding off on my hardware upgrade for now, will definitely look at Big Navi 2, Ryzen 4xxx and Ampere. Super pumpped!

Edited by canadiantree
  • Upvote 2

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Why do I have to keep reading MatthewS' posts when someone quotes him?

The "ignore user function" needs some tweaking...

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Closed beta in July.

CLOSED.

Sigh, that will likely just be for the people who are already alpha testers.  I do hope they have an open beta sometime too so those of us who haven't been lucky can do some testing as well.

trees look more than fine.  the clouds look fantastic.  and Ive seen plenty of red skies at night -- I hate the out of focus foreground in that shot.

really awesome looking stuff.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.