Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

6 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Closed beta in July.

CLOSED.

Sigh, that will likely just be for the people who are already alpha testers.  I do hope they have an open beta sometime too so those of us who haven't been lucky can do some testing as well.

I would bet that is aimed for insiders. Not only alpha testers. With next update there will be a new invites row, and I suppose the same for v4 and v5. 

19 minutes ago, Mengy said:

Closed beta in July.

CLOSED.

Sigh, that will likely just be for the people who are already alpha testers.  I do hope they have an open beta sometime too so those of us who haven't been lucky can do some testing as well.

Well, they are supposed to invite more people in the weeks to come. Maybe we'll get lucky 🙂

As for the trees, I was trying really hard, but from looking at the screenshots, I don't find them off at all. They look perfectly OK to me, for a flight sim anyway... Can anyone shed some light about what is supposed to be wrong with them? Thanks. I'm wondering what is so important about the trees to start an argument like this.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, mp15 said:

After my observations, trees look 25% bigger than what they should look like In the First image, but again i Will stop with my observations until they decide to upgrade art direction and get someone serious like me.

The hero we don't deserve.  I salute you Sir 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

I'm wondering what is so important about the trees to start an argument like this.

Nothing is important here, people should really learn to put things into perspective especially considering what is currently happening in real life, at least you'd think that's what any normal human being should be able to do right? But what do I know after all... 🤷‍♂️
It's really painful to read these forums lately, stupid arguments everywhere, just plain embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

Nothing is important here, people should really learn to put things into perspective especially considering what is currently happening in real life, at least you'd think that's what any normal human being should be able to do right? But what do I know after all... 🤷‍♂️
It's really painful to read these forums lately, stupid arguments everywhere, just plain embarrassing.

Well, let's not get into the debate of what's currently happening in real life because I've got my own opinion about that and a lot of people wouldn't like it.

Anyway - having this discussion about trees that look very good is just nonsense 🙂 It's so much better than FSX/P3D that I really can't believe the discussions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Nothing wrong with the tree sizes in any of the screenshots, especially the one of the C172 in the first screenshot. Trees look natural and correctly sized to me. I guess I'm not seeing what an individual or two are complaining about, and we will have to agree to disagree on the subject.

Nothing to see here Asobo, move along and keep up the good work. 😀

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ken

There are simply places where no current simulator performs as well as this project. Tree included. A certain famous poster here is often talking about next generation and unigine, with promotionnal footage up, and well some of the mfs scenes are simply superior.  And as you've seen the testers can now publish little footage.  So expect to be amazed about graphic aspect msf purpose.

3 minutes ago, azulkb said:

There are simply places where no current simulator performs as well as this project. Tree included. A certain famous poster here is often talking about next generation and unigine, with promotionnal footage up, and well some of the mfs scenes are simply superior.  And as you've seen the testers can now publish little footage.  So expect to be amazed about graphic aspect msf purpose.

Considering that a lot of alpha insiders have stated that they wanted to share more so badly, that tells me that it indeed looks excellent 🙂

Tomáš Pokorný

56 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Well, they are supposed to invite more people in the weeks to come. Maybe we'll get lucky 🙂

As for the trees, I was trying really hard, but from looking at the screenshots, I don't find them off at all. They look perfectly OK to me, for a flight sim anyway... Can anyone shed some light about what is supposed to be wrong with them? Thanks. I'm wondering what is so important about the trees to start an argument like this.

It’s not all of the tree models.  Most of them look & are scaled quite well.  For example, they have already scaled down the deciduous tree size in places like NYC from recent shots at the Statue of Liberty.  Months ago, we pointed out how wrong they were, and they have now appeared to be fixed.  But... Certain tree models they have simulated are still way too big.  Like the Banyan trees they have modeled.  That’s fine, because Banyan’s are gigantic in real life.  The problem is, that this particular tree type is currently showing as the ‘default’ tree type for forests in the tropical regions.  It was most prevalent on the Philippine shots shown last week.  The entire islands were covered in dense banyan forests, which incidentally gave the island a ‘toyish’ look.  It also makes the island look relatively small, because the scale of the trees affects our own sense of scale.  

This particular tree model is the one that is causing issues.  This tree would be great in inland rainforests (such as the Amazon or parts of Papua Neu Guinea), but for the rest of the tropics, I think the default tree models would be better represented by one of the myriad other tropical tree types that are of a smaller, more common size.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. - and as I’ve said before... They’ve fixed the deciduous tree scaling in North America, so I’m hopeful (confident) they will fix the issue in the tropics.

Edited by ual763
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I must have watched the second clip dozens of times now. Bad weather looks just lethal in MSFS and this is the first time the feeling translates through the screen in a flight sim. I can't wait to experience it in VR.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I must have watched the second clip dozens of times now. Bad weather looks just lethal in MSFS and this is the first time the feeling translates through the screen in a flight sim. I can't wait to experience it in VR.

Exactly! I can't wait to try flying in a Cessna C172 through a thunderstorm... or just sitting at the tarmac, watching the thunderstorm rolling by...

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

5 hours ago, mp15 said:

...the release date comes up and It Is announced to the public, which i estimate between January 2021 (if lucky) and April 2021...

You're still wrong, usually beta is not so long. Remember, that in a beta most of the developers will stop working on new functionalities and give focus to solving found issues. There isn't any reason, for cancel still valid releasing date and move it to next year. Autumn or winter this year is much real for release, after this development update and you're unreasonably negative. I still feel your frustrations... 😉

11 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Didn’t they say they plan to get everyone in the alpha that has applied for it?... If that’s the case am guessing we’re all going to get access before July (closed beta).

No, they didn't say the alpha, they said testing in general, so that also includes the betas.

10 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Well, I'm hoping this is an early version of the ATC 😬

I think Generic 702 there might be another player.

Edited by Tuskin38

I just wasted my time reading this thread after admiring the screenshots. Another option to deal with certain posts when the ignore function doesn't cut it because of quotes is that everyone can just ignore these posts and not reply. There is no way on earth they don't know about the trees and I honestly think it's just as unlikely they're never going to do anything about it. So there's really zero reason to give these posts any attention. Part of the reason why we have another thread here filled with the tree discussion is that people just won't stop replying. That was the same with mSparks and his wind ups.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just hope they grant access to the closed beta via preorders

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.