Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

16 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Now go convince Asobo that the world is not covered in trees of that scale.

I dont want to sound pesimistic to you, take your time and focus in one tree instead of the Whole forest. Could It be that trees are ok It Is Just that the plane Is tiny?

Forget about undulated runways, the algorythm cannot determine from a top view of the map if concrete is undulated and how much, It will probably create a flat runway and It will stay flat until human intervention. I do have a method to teach the algorythm how to detect undulation from a top view though, but Im very very expensive.

6 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Can't really tell right now. 

You are aware that the system recommendations have already been released? Including the "ideal" system.

I hope the Microsoft team has a very easy fix for the tree scale issue, but that they instead leave them large just for spite.  The AI trees look awesome, reminds me of Richard Burns Rally trees on PC.

Edited by Heli

None of the new screenshots show oversized trees. Why aren't people taking this as a good sign?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

19 minutes ago, Heli said:

I hope the Microsoft team has a very easy fix for the tree scale issue

Do you think this Is like Photoshop and in one layer you have trillions of trees of the world and with One click you resize them down ? 

I knew the qualità of this forum went down latley but this kind of comments reminds me of the Titanic gleu gleu gleu..

Edited by mp15

19 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Ho-hum... Still seeing enormous trees everywhere (look at the first shot in this thread - the c172). 

So you're not posting with your other MsparkS account anymore?

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 3

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

@mp15 Not gonna lie at first you used to annoy me a little but as time has passed I've come to really appreciate your contributions lol. Keep it up you mad lad.

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, mp15 said:

Do you think this Is like Photoshop and in one layer you have trillions of trees of the world and with One click you resize them down ? 

I knew the qualità of this forum went down latley but this kind of comments reminds me of the Titanic gleu gleu gleu..

Hey, I'm not hating on the large scale, I like big trunks and I cannot lie.  Maybe the real reason the trees are scaled the way they are is to save CPU resources.  FSX was a CPU hog when you rendered more vegetation, buildings, and traffic.  I'd much rather have big trees than 15fps framerates.  I am hoping all the vegetation and buildings are rendered from the GPU, my 2080ti would much prefer that than my 7700k

Edited by Heli
  • Upvote 1

I really don’t understand why tree scale is being made such a big issue. Literally 9/10 pages of this thread is non-constructive debate whether MSFS is doomed or if it looks fine. 

They previously released screenshots showing large scale grass. People complained, they listened and fixed it quickly. Now the forum is quite vocal about its unhappiness with tree scaling, I have faith they’ll fix it somehow. 

That being said, another nice incremental update. The videos are a welcome addition indeed. Looking forward to the next feature discovery episode and the Beta stage. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I really don’t understand why tree scale is being made such a big issue. Literally 9/10 pages of this thread is non-constructive debate whether MSFS is doomed or if it looks fine. 

They previously released screenshots showing large scale grass. People complained, they listened and fixed it quickly. Now the forum is quite vocal about its unhappiness with tree scaling, I have faith they’ll fix it somehow. 

That being said, another nice incremental update. The videos are a welcome addition indeed. Looking forward to the next feature discovery episode and the Beta stage. 

The problem everyone keeps replying to msparks or Matthews who is the same person. If everyone ignored them the discussion would be quite productive. I don't know why people are still replying to them

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mp15 said:

I do have a method to teach the algorythm how to detect undulation from a top view though, but Im very very expensive.

Perhaps you should try to sell you services to MS rather than advertise them here. I’m confident you’ll have better luck approaching them than trying to convince us of how great your talents are. If they feel you have something to bring to the table or are more brilliant than the folks they have, possibly they might hire you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

MatthewS' entitled windbaggery notwithstanding, I do agree the trees are way too big. I also know Asobo are aware of this (not least because they check this forum and others regularly) and I'm very confident they'll get round to a fix at a time which best fits their roadmap. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This has been known almost from the beginning by Asobo and I have no doubt it will be fixed. Our problem is fixation by one Individual and that has been fixed also. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Perhaps you should try to sell you services to MS rather than advertise them here. I’m confident you’ll have better luck approaching them than trying to convince us of how great your talents are. If they feel you have something to bring to the table or are more brilliant than the folks they have, possibly they might hire you.

I already asked for a job in the past to MS regarding Holo, and they said on May 3rd, 2013 that my CV was recieved but i never heard back from them again, it's a Pitty It was my Dreams to work there,  I'm very very busy now a days anyways.