Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

I think the ATC voices from FSX weren't even that bad, especially for the time. Did you know you even can hear engine sound in the background of the pilot, and chattering colleges in the background of the controller? Great detail, I love that.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

7 hours ago, ashepherd316 said:

i just hope we can have kai tak on there imagine landing on runway 13 in a typhoon. 

In an Md11

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Minos said:

In an Md11

no 747-400 but i think in any aircraft that would be awesome on that simulator

• Like 1

Alexander Shepherd

14 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm almost certain we've seen a picture of where Kai Tak should be, and it isn't there. You'd probably have to wait for a third party addon for it.

Yeh i know because it isn't a real airport today lets hope fly tampa can do it but they will need to make it look alot better than there current version.

Alexander Shepherd

On 5/8/2020 at 11:39 AM, Dominique_K said:

Yes we'll have baked shadows, I've almost no doubt about it. What I find weird is that we don't see double shadows anymore. And there is only one explanation to it ! 

Just noticed that there are some double shadows in the latest Miami screenshot.

qyIsWyw.jpgo9GGIev.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I think we will have to live with this double shadows. More or less, depending on the time and date of the aerial photos of the scenery.

48 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

OK, so the shadowing function is enabled. 

I am a bit surprised that the issue doesn't come up in the "top alpha issue". I leave the explanation to the reader... 

11 minutes ago, frila said:

I think we will have to live with this double shadows. More or less, depending on the time and date of the aerial photos of the scenery.

That has always been one of two main drawbacks of large scale PR imagery (the other one being the absence of seasonal ground).  I hope that Asobo can find a solution at the end. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

It's a binary star feature.

But yeah... that's a rather difficult task to remove those shadows I guess.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Yes, very huge job to remove shadows. I did it for my scenery of Paris, only for the tallers buildings, and i spend a lot of time.

I more worry about correcting paralax error for talls buildings, when the roof is shifted from the base. If tis problem is not correctly fixed, we'll see some roof on roads, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Marcoh said:

Yes, very huge job to remove shadows. I did it for my scenery of Paris, only for the tallers buildings, and i spend a lot of time.

I more worry about correcting paralax error for talls buildings, when the roof is shifted from the base. If tis problem is not correctly fixed, we'll see some roof on roads, etc. 

Oh yes, its a huge and tedious job ! But Asobo has something that you and  me don't have, a powerful AI engine to automatize it. And the AI already knows how to recognize shadows as  it uses them to guess the height of buildings or so I understand.

I didn't think of the parallax issue. Did you see anything in the screenshots that have been already released ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

My two cents is:  If I want to fly with ATC, i login to Vastim or IVAO.

That gives me practice for when Im not really flying for a while

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Oh yes, its a huge and tedious job ! But Asobo has something that you and  me don't have, a powerful AI engine to automatize it. And the AI already knows how to recognize shadows as  it uses them to guess the height of buildings or so I understand.

I didn't think of the parallax issue. Did you see anything in the screenshots that have been already released ? 

It would be interesting to see more "behind the scenes' on what kind of image processing automation they're doing. I'm assuming there are multiple layers of AI generated textures sitting on top of the base map/aerial imagery. Is Asobo making all of those, or is that part of a larger Microsoft led mapping effort?

Both of these double shadow and parallax issues could probably be solved by comparing two sets of aerial/satellite imagery. Shifts in perspective could be mapped. The shadows could be subtracted by looking for difference in lightness of the pixels, so you'd be left with "flat" textures that just have the color information without shading. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 6:57 AM, Noooch said:

Or maybe they just found people who are simply better than him...

Doesn't have to be better.  They could easily hire someone who wasn't as good perhaps, but was more pleasant to work with.  That quality will carry a person  long way, and some people obviously overlook it.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I look at the screen shots and there is *definitely* an issue with tree size.  They are so tiny!  They should be made a few times their size.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

• Like 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

22 hours ago, Shack95 said:

o9GGIev.jpg

It seems like they added a lot more trees into the photogrammetry city.