Sign in to follow this  
captain420

[Answered] AI Lights Reborn with True Sky

Are there any videos showing this combination? I would love to see how the airplane lighting looks with true sky enabled in P3D v5.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, captain420 said:

Are there any videos showing this combination? I would love to see how the airplane lighting looks with true sky enabled in P3D v5.

Yes, we did a new trailer under P3D V5. Here:

Enjoy.

S.

• Like 3

One small note for you, @simbol: I now installed the full set of AIGAIM (yes, all 869 ;-)) and so far it works perfectly in v5.

What I observed: for some models such as the FAIB 747, the leading edge flaps close to the wingtips are illuminated by the nav lights. This simply does not look right, I hope it can be fixed once.

2020-5-5_21-17-42-547lokol.jpg

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

13 minutes ago, AnkH said:

One small note for you, @simbol: I now installed the full set of AIGAIM (yes, all 869 ;-)) and so far it works perfectly in v5.

What I observed: for some models such as the FAIB 747, the leading edge flaps close to the wingtips are illuminated by the nav lights. This simply does not look right, I hope it can be fixed once.

2020-5-5_21-17-42-547lokol.jpg

Hi Chris,

Can you confirm this is using my effects? a simple test:

A) Close  P3D.

B) Open AILRP.

C) Set Navs dynamic light intensity to zero (disabled) and click "Apply".

D) Re-launch P3D

E) find the 747 in AILRP advanced interface list, select the 747 it and click preview. Take note if the flap edge is still illuminated (it should not as the effect should not have any DL now).

This will confirm the effects are actually my effects instead of a conflict or something else. The reason I ask you to do this is because during my tests when converting to V5 I noticed this issue with PBR models and I implemented an special technique to offset the dynamic light to avoid exactly this visual anomaly. (nav lights are now in an angle towards the ground too as per real world). So you shouldn't be seeing this issue.

If the effect shows DL OFF in your test for this AI models, then the other possibility is that the Nav location is too far inside the wing or towards the fuselage instead of being located in the wing-tip. If this is the case there are 2 solutions:

1) Create a group for these models and set the navs DL intensity smaller.

or 

2) Report it to AIGM and they can modify the location on the next update to the proper location.

Please let me know how the test go.

All the best,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Whoa, a lot of workload for me ;-) Seriously, this screenshot was taken some days ago, certainly before 1.15.4 of FSReborn. Might be that this is not the case anymore, I did not check it in the last few days, as it is just a minor thing. So first thing I do is go and check if I actually still have this with the FAIB 747. If yes, I will follow your guide, of course.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Whoa, a lot of workload for me 😉 Seriously, this screenshot was taken some days ago, certainly before 1.15.4 of FSReborn. Might be that this is not the case anymore, I did not check it in the last few days, as it is just a minor thing. So first thing I do is go and check if I actually still have this with the FAIB 747. If yes, I will follow your guide, of course.

Perfect, yes 1.15.4 should not show this under V5.

Thanks for the report.

S.

Hi Simbol, this is a screenshot just taken in v5 with 1.15.4 and AIGAIM traffic.

2020-5-14_14-7-10-938nakab.jpg

The issue seems to persist, as soon as I can, I will try your guide above...

Greetings, Chris

Ok, that is how it looks like in the preview mode with nav lights disabled:

2020-5-14_14-31-41-8449kf3.jpg

Note that also the strobe light illuminates the outer wing tip. Also not a big deal, as it is only visible when the strobe flashes.

Greetings, Chris

Hi Chris,

My view on this is the position of the Navs needs to be adjusted as the effect is already using:

• 1 degree inner cone angle.
  • Offsetting the DL forwards and outwards so it shows the reflection in the tarmac as a 45 to 65 degrees angle away from the wing and the airplane.

The strobes confirm these are the new effects (so no need for my steps), I didn't modify the strobes angles at this stage, that is coming on another update where you guys will be able to select strobes pointing outwards via the texture sets.

What you can do at this time (until AIGM corrects the positions) is to create a group for the 747 and assign a lower value for the Navs DL, this will reduce the visibility on the wing tip.

Regards,

Simbol

• Like 1