Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mind Blown with P3Dv5 - what a sim!!!

Hi all,

I am glad LM has decided to go with DX12 - this time they are really planning for the next 2 years ahead.  After slewing around the new default freebie Orbx airport in the jet....my mind got blown away with TrueSky and the performance of the sim.  

My settings are slightly pushed ahead from P3Dv45HF3 but this is truly evolution of the sim.  I can not go back; sure there might be some app here and there, I have 2 sims on the computer.

Looks like they added some new mesh to this new sim; the install size of v5 is 45gb vs 26gb of P3Dv4.5 approx.

Finally my card acted in Super mode (RTX 2070)  that is  - my VRam did not even go over 5gb, but with the new windows 2020 update - it should free up 1gb (that will make it back to how it is with p3dv4.5) - we gotta blame Windows 10 lol.

By next year when v5.2 is out and newer cards are out - we will start seeing 16gb/24gb video cards anyway.  Progress happens,

The sim is so so so slick and smooth.

Thanks LM.

PS - Orbx global+openLC NA - OMG!!! 

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 6

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yeah its a pretty smooth experience i have to say and it really pushes the hardware. 

Yesterday I tried a trip with QW787-8 ESSA-EKCH with ORBX and Flytampa at dusk online with Vpilot for testing and it hold 4k/5.8gb VRAM.The most smoothing experience i ever had in flightsim but temps up to 95c on cpu so i might fry it or Going back a step or 2 on the overclock. Should it fry so be it. Wife has bin very understanding 🙂

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yep its pretty good warts and all

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Fancy graphics cards with 16/24GB VRAM will not be an option for me (I was lucky enough to get the 6GB one that I installed in my new PC four months ago), so that Windows 10 update will need to be good!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just a note of caution for Win 10 2004. I tried it and it worked fine except for the GTN Trainer 6.62. So if you are using either the F1 or RXP GTN you may want to wait for a newer trainer before you upgrade. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hans

4 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Hi all,

I am glad LM has decided to go with DX12 - this time they are really planning for the next 2 years ahead.  After slewing around the new default freebie Orbx airport in the jet....my mind got blown away with TrueSky and the performance of the sim.  

My settings are slightly pushed ahead from P3Dv45HF3 but this is truly evolution of the sim.  I can not go back; sure there might be some app here and there, I have 2 sims on the computer.

Looks like they added some new mesh to this new sim; the install size of v5 is 45gb vs 26gb of P3Dv4.5 approx.

Finally my card acted in Super mode (RTX 2070)  that is  - my VRam did not even go over 5gb, but with the new windows 2020 update - it should free up 1gb (that will make it back to how it is with p3dv4.5) - we gotta blame Windows 10 lol.

By next year when v5.2 is out and newer cards are out - we will start seeing 16gb/24gb video cards anyway.  Progress happens,

The sim is so so so slick and smooth.

Thanks LM.

PS - Orbx global+openLC NA - OMG!!! 

I have the highest settings i have ever had using

orbx aus v2,

goldcoast city scape ,

bunch of orbx and voz legacy scenery files

a2a c172 with gtn 750,

ultimate traffic 100 percent plus orbx aus traffic,

orbx ybcg and active sky,

looks fantastic and considering my settings are almost all right still smooth using no more than 7gb vram. Was not possible before v5 with such high settings, v5 is definently utilising all that gpu power, amd i dont have the worlds greatest system

High end asus motherboard

I7 8700k

Gtx 1080 ti

32 gigs ram

Still bugs but well done LM, will only get better

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Good performance here too.. 

My first TestFlight in my 737-800 over TE Netherlands + FT Amsterdam showed stutters every 2-3 minutes ...

Till I found out that All options in the TE Config Tool were Enabled 😁

So I am using the same settings as with V4.5 + TrueSky Enabled.

One remark : sometimes the TrueSky Haze + FSGRW real weather can show too much Haze at a Hazy day..

No AM and no HT. Will try with HT Enabled but a 7940X ( 14 real cores ) might get extremely hot.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, suchw said:

Yep its pretty good warts and all

The warts...will get quickly lazered, off! 🙂

12 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The warts...will get quickly lazered, off! 🙂

Like morphing textures and popping scenery? try a flight over Madeira default..... 

• Like 2

I am running max settings something I could not do with 4.5, this I think is down to my GPU finally I get the benefit under DX12, and in my upgrade later in the year I may consider a second matching GPU if the price drops after the 3000 series is released. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

So why autogen buildings still patches at my system? what am i missing?

• Like 2

Uygar

Best Regards

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

No AM and no HT. Will try with HT Enabled but a 7940X ( 14 real cores ) might get extremely hot.

Gerard, i usually had HT off in V4.5 and just used the real physical cores all overclocked to 5 gigs. I´ve tried to enable HT in V5 wit same settings as with HT off and it seems it performs better with HT OFF as long you have enough physical cores like mine. The lane sharing in HT seems to tear down the overall performance at least for P3D. So i´ll stay with HT off unless we get a real multicore application. The core utilization seems better in V5 as in 4.5 because there is a better shifting from "0" to the others. 

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

53 minutes ago, spitzer said:

So why autogen buildings still patches at my system? what am i missing?

A better CPU. 😉

23 minutes ago, Farlis said:

A better CPU. 😉

No. It's been an issue since Prepar3d4.0. And it's programmed that way by purpose.

You always get patches as soon as you raise the Autogen Distance slider above Medium. Exactly that. You can relive the CPU by lowering all other sliders, it doesn't help a iota. Believe me, I tried it.

I even changed from one system to another with the patches setting in at the very same transition above "Medium". And the new system certainly had a better CPU.

I left a couple of clips at the Prepar3d forum for one of the early 4.x versions as there are always people who don't believe it.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have lowered draw distance and autogen density settings to medium, but no help. I think it is not related to cpu. My cpu clock @4.6 6700k, gpu 1080ti, not bad hardware.

Uygar

Best Regards