Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mind Blown with P3Dv5 - what a sim!!!

Oh yeah...what a sim. Can barely get a flight in without ctd. Then reloading the sim takes aprox 8-9 minutes with my normal addons. Oh simming has never been better...lol. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Not sure but looks like enhanced clouds don't move with the wind

Running great but i find it bizarre for no reason i have low frame rates at sim start occasionally say under 30 and if i go into the graphics menu and back out my frames jump up around 60-70 and its once again very snappy,sometimes ill have to restart p3d a couple of times to restore excellent performance or sometimes even reboot, i cant put my finger on it

Edited by suchw

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

5 hours ago, SolRayz said:

Oh yeah...what a sim. Can barely get a flight in without ctd. Then reloading the sim takes aprox 8-9 minutes with my normal addons. Oh simming has never been better...lol. 

I had a bout of flying for 8-20 minutes...and then the whole simulator froze...and dumped me right to the desktop. Only using 3.7/6.7 for vRAM...a sky packed with clouds.  What was doing this?!?!?!?   AS P3D Beta?  Winds...what?!?!?

I got an idea, SolRayz...in that I had my A.I. traffic installed, and was using extensively A.T.C.  I had my traffic set for Commercial: 35 and General Aviation: 25.  Every time, since installing AS P3D and my Traffic Program, I was getting CTD'ed.

So...on a hunch this morning, I unchecked my Traffic Pro from the Add-On window...turned off plane traffic...and guess what?  Hours of flight time...HEAVY CLOUDS...multi layers...my constant interaction with A.T.C. Flight Following...and NO CTD's...NONE!   

Disable your whatever A.I. Traffic program if you have one installed....turn off any A.I. traffic to zero on the sliders...and go and fly.  See if you now don't get frozen, with a few stutters, and CTD'ed!  I believe that there might be a bug with the program controlling A.I. flights...and some buffer might be overloading...you stutter, you freeze, and you CTD!

Try it out, and get back to me, if your flight/crash,  ....flight/crash....  terminates, and you get no more CTD's.  It just might be your A.I. Traffic is making a fatal error...(overrun buffer?) and bye-bye....

Since disabling my A.I. traffic program...and turning off A.I. planes in the sky and on the ground...no more CTD's...for hours of use...and for sure, AS Beta was not any source of my CTD's...it was the A.I. Traffic sub-routine...turn that off...disable in the Add-On folder...and no...more...CTD's

FYI.

2020-5-11-6-10-59-456.jpg

2020-5-11-6-11-10-829.jpg

2020-5-11-6-11-21-386.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

"TE Config Tool" What is that?

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

On 5/8/2020 at 5:38 PM, Michael Moe said:

Yeah its a pretty smooth experience i have to say and it really pushes the hardware. 

Yesterday I tried a trip with QW787-8 ESSA-EKCH with ORBX and Flytampa at dusk online with Vpilot for testing and it hold 4k/5.8gb VRAM.The most smoothing experience i ever had in flightsim but temps up to 95c on cpu so i might fry it or Going back a step or 2 on the overclock. Should it fry so be it. Wife has bin very understanding 🙂

Michael Moe 

Has a patch come out for the QW787?

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

I made my first flight with v5 and Active Sky and made a video:

V5 is working without problems on my system.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I had a bout of flying for 8-20 minutes...and then the whole simulator froze...and dumped me right to the desktop. Only using 3.7/6.7 for vRAM...a sky packed with clouds.  What was doing this?!?!?!?   AS P3D Beta?  Winds...what?!?!?

I got an idea, SolRayz...in that I had my A.I. traffic installed, and was using extensively A.T.C.  I had my traffic set for Commercial: 35 and General Aviation: 25.  Every time, since installing AS P3D and my Traffic Program, I was getting CTD'ed.

So...on a hunch this morning, I unchecked my Traffic Pro from the Add-On window...turned off plane traffic...and guess what?  Hours of flight time...HEAVY CLOUDS...multi layers...my constant interaction with A.T.C. Flight Following...and NO CTD's...NONE!   

Disable your whatever A.I. Traffic program if you have one installed....turn off any A.I. traffic to zero on the sliders...and go and fly.  See if you now don't get frozen, with a few stutters, and CTD'ed!  I believe that there might be a bug with the program controlling A.I. flights...and some buffer might be overloading...you stutter, you freeze, and you CTD!

Try it out, and get back to me, if your flight/crash,  ....flight/crash....  terminates, and you get no more CTD's.  It just might be your A.I. Traffic is making a fatal error...(overrun buffer?) and bye-bye....

Since disabling my A.I. traffic program...and turning off A.I. planes in the sky and on the ground...no more CTD's...for hours of use...and for sure, AS Beta was not any source of my CTD's...it was the A.I. Traffic sub-routine...turn that off...disable in the Add-On folder...and no...more...CTD's

FYI.

2020-5-11-6-10-59-456.jpg

2020-5-11-6-11-10-829.jpg

2020-5-11-6-11-21-386.jpg

AI traffic also causes stutters on my end. Well UTlive. Not sure if it’s cause it’s not designed for P3DV5. Can’t for the life of me figure out How to use alpha India AI. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

AI traffic also causes stutters on my end. Well UTlive. Not sure if it’s cause it’s not designed for P3DV5. Can’t for the life of me figure out How to use alpha India AI. 

We were having more than stutters...we had CTD's. Since I removed my Traffic Pro, (that was not specifically designed for v5 (v4), I have had no CTD's of any kind..no matter how long the flight.  After all, we are all pumping in programs and add-on's that were not designed for this version...so you take your chances.  I'll wait until somebody come up with an A.I. Traffic program specifically vetted to run on v5 with no 'back-fires'... 🙂  

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 4:47 AM, hjsmuc said:

Just a note of caution for Win 10 2004. I tried it and it worked fine except for the GTN Trainer 6.62. So if you are using either the F1 or RXP GTN you may want to wait for a newer trainer before you upgrade. 

How true.  The Garmin Aviation Trainer runs very slow installed on Win 10 2004.  The result is a slide show for the GTN 750.  So bad, its unusable.

Edited by gpf3m

45 minutes ago, gpf3m said:

How true.  The Garmin Aviation Trainer runs very slow installed on Win 10 2004.  The result is a slide show for the GTN 750.  So bad, its unusable.

Workaround is to install an older version from the links here: 

That one works fine on Windows 10 2004, though of course you'll have older databases.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Flight1 config tool will say you don't have the required version but you can just continue, configure the gauges and they will work (at least in the planes I've tried).

Edited by Prpn

@Prpn You can install the older GTN trainer yet use the latest DB.

Better yet, you can use the latest RXP GTN 2.5.25:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

@Prpn You can install the older GTN trainer yet use the latest DB.

Better yet, you can use the latest RXP GTN 2.5.25:

Ah yes, I didn't realize the database setup was in one of the folders as well for the 2.7.0.0 version. Just updated, will see how it works.

I will take your word for it that the RXP version still works fine, but that won't help Flight1 users like me, and I'd hate to spend the money again ;).

3 hours ago, Prpn said:

Workaround is to install an older version from the links here: 

That one works fine on Windows 10 2004, though of course you'll have older databases.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Flight1 config tool will say you don't have the required version but you can just continue, configure the gauges and they will work (at least in the planes I've tried).

Thank you!  Works now.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

We were having more than stutters...we had CTD's. Since I removed my Traffic Pro, (that was not specifically designed for v5 (v4), I have had no CTD's of any kind..no matter how long the flight.  After all, we are all pumping in programs and add-on's that were not designed for this version...so you take your chances.  I'll wait until somebody come up with an A.I. Traffic program specifically vetted to run on v5 with no 'back-fires'... 🙂  

Just out of curiosity, what error was logged in your Windows Event Viewer? Was it vcruntime140.dll?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.