Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Water planes with P3DV5

Hi,

I need your experience on the matter as i have never tried the above. 

I have mostly ORBX installed but dont know were to start from including choice of plane? 

Thanks apreciated 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you have FSX or any previous P3D copy the missing files (panel, sound, interior.mdl and model.cfg) into the Beaver and Goose folders. Instant free water planes.

Brought 172 on floats from carenado the other day 20 bucks, its awesome

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Did a quick flight in the a2a cub between two water airports in Juneau (orbx) last night, great fun!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks ,but how do you find a ocean gateway?

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Have a look at the Cessna T206H Soloy Mark 2, 

bob

I have a kmz file for google earth that shows all orbx airports including seaplane airports so i usually just choose one of those.  Is there a particular area you want to fly in?  Maybe people could suggest some of their favourites.  ORBX has a freeware Nanaimo that is very nice.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If you have Orbx PNW... the Pacific Coast north of Seattle, all the way up to Alaska is Beaver territory.. but the Kodiak or Scout Amphibians are also favorites of mine.   The Kodiak has the benefit of being faster..

Once Orbx updates the coastal freeware packs to V5 (like Nanaimo and PNW Ferries).. you've got all kinds of neat places to fly around... Start by finding all the ferry terminals, they are documented with the Ferries pack..

Bert

On 5/8/2020 at 5:46 AM, paulkemp said:

If you have FSX or any previous P3D copy the missing files (panel, sound, interior.mdl and model.cfg) into the Beaver and Goose folders. Instant free water planes.

Cool!  Didn't know you could do that.  Just took the Goose for a ride.

you can d/l a list here - 

http://aviation.allanville.com/misc/water_runways/

also, they are not supposed to be compatible but I just copied the Milviz Beaver files over and everything seems to function.

edit: may have spoken too soon - I don't think they are compatible yet. Best wait for new product.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

2 hours ago, bcuomo said:

Cool!  Didn't know you could do that.  Just took the Goose for a ride.

Hey

I looked in my P3DV4 folders at these planes and I dont have a panel folder at all for either plane

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

28 minutes ago, suchw said:

Hey

I looked in my P3DV4 folders at these planes and I dont have a panel folder at all for either plane

I checked too and nothing. I think the panel for the Goose went away prior to P3Dv4

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

2 hours ago, suchw said:

Hey

I found mine in the FSX steam edition that I still have installed.