Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

T.E. Southern California...HERE I COME!!!!!!

...can't wait to haunt my old 'haunts'....and with the H.D. version can't wait to see if I can hover over my old home!   Can't wait!  Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!:)

I grew up on this beach...Zuma!  Can't wait to see it in XP11.41!

bigs-Point-Dume-View-of-Zuma-Beach-and-M

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3

I know what I'm going to be doing today.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I know what I'm going to be doing today.

I'm about 1 hour into the install ahead of ya...na, nah. nah...lol!   First thing....flying over Zuma...:)   "Oh...this is gonna be a blast, Jose!"....my Home State before Michigan....and what Michigan lacks....SALT SEA  AIR!  Unless you are behind a sander kicking it up in the winter (all over your car!!!) ...lol!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just now, Sesquashtoo said:

I'm about 1 hour into the install ahead of ya...na, nah. nah...lol!   First thing....flying over Zuma...:)   "Oh...this is gonna be a blast, Jose!"....my State before Michigan....and what Michigan lacks....SALT SEA AIR!  Unless you are behind a sander kicking it up in the winter...lol!

This one is a no brainer. I was asking myself, how can I spend $20 bucks on one airport when I can get a region for $30?

I have NorCal and it's excellent. I'm sure that SoCal will not disappoint.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This one is a no brainer. I was asking myself, how can I spend $20 bucks on one airport when I can get a region for $30?

I have NorCal and it's excellent. I'm sure that SoCal will not disappoint.

The teaser shots look fabulous...and with my T.E. HD Washington down to HD South Cali........what a fanTASTIC VFR immersion, I'll have....and....with each T.E. installed, my wife knows to just ring a bell, and push the food under the Den door...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

what Michigan lacks....SALT SEA  AIR!

You are right on that one though Lake Michigan does have the looks of an ocean when you see it up high.

I spent a lot of vacation out there California visiting family and also got married out there. So I am looking forward to start the download process and try this in VR and take that run from Monterey along the coast of Big Sur to LA. I did it once on FSX using the NA Southern California and came to a slide show in LA before it crashed. Thanks goodness does days of dealing with a 32 bit sim is over.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BobFS88 said:

You are right on that one though Lake Michigan does have the looks of an ocean when you see it up high.

I spent a lot of vacation out there California visiting family and also got married out there. So I am looking forward to start the download process and try this in VR and take that run from Monterey along the coast of Big Sur to LA. I did it once on FSX using the NA Southern California and came to a slide show in LA before it crashed. Thanks goodness does days of dealing with a 32 bit sim is over.  

Wow...you're right...I'm gonna check out Hearst Castle!   Interested if the tomography picks up the walking moat...that Randolph Hearst used to take to each morning...with five retainers following behind him!  Gawd...this will probably be the best (for me) T.E. HD yet! 🙂   Oh...and right...Lake Michigan on the west coast...does remind me of South Carolina...around Myrtle Beach...as well as the Rip Tides!   We bike and camp on the west coast, all the time.  Covid-19 will probably cramp our style this year...but many more years left to enjoy, Bob!  BTW,  after a storm...or leading up to one...Lake Mich...can kick up 7-8 footers, no problem!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

A shame this comes out with still/again no atmosphere/weather add-on that deserves the name for 11.50b.

Edited by Colonel X

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Damned, my credit card was locked today after a fraud attempt. I have to wait until the new one is shipped.

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

A shame this comes out with still/again no atmosphere/weather add-on that deserves the name for 11.50b.

This is what is holding me back with 11.50. The default haze/sky just doesn't agree with me. Performance is much better, but it's a hard balance

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

...can't wait to haunt my old 'haunts'....and with the H.D. version can't wait to see if I can hover over my old home!   Can't wait!

Hope you enjoy it. I like Catalina Island and also the area around Oceano County (L52). Great if you're using PilotEdge

For those with both NorCal and SoCal, how's the color match terrainwise?

5 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

I used the same aerial imagery from the same year for the entire state, so mostly there is little difference. However, due to compression and other small factors, you may notice a very slight difference, but you have to specifically be looking for it to notice. 

10 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Anything other than perfect would be a surprise?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

My video for the newly released orbx TrueEarth US Southern California SD for X-Plane 11

Edited by barrel_owl
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

grew up on this beach

You lucky so-and-so, Mitch. Envy, envy🤣