Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

T.E. Southern California...HERE I COME!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I used the same aerial imagery from the same year for the entire state, so mostly there is little difference. However, due to compression and other small factors, you may notice a very slight difference, but you have to specifically be looking for it to notice. 

Downloading now.

Do I need the free GA add-on airports in the area?

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Do I need the free GA add-on airports in the area?

I did fix up a few main gateway airports to align correctly, but generally it takes a while for X-Plane default and freeware to catch up. I didn't have any major problems whilst developing and the major airports work, but there are some smaller fields that will need to be aligned or even completely removed from XP's database. As for freeware, the same generally applies, most should work if they have correct exclusions, but for others they may need updates or tweaking.

This is perfectly normal, the same happened with every other region 🙂

13 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I did fix up a few main gateway airports to align correctly, but generally it takes a while for X-Plane default and freeware to catch up. I didn't have any major problems whilst developing and the major airports work, but there are some smaller fields that will need to be aligned or even completely removed from XP's database. As for freeware, the same generally applies, most should work if they have correct exclusions, but for others they may need updates or tweaking.

This is perfectly normal, the same happened with every other region 🙂

Thanks!

All the airports that I downloaded for TE FL worked very nicely with the region.

I'm hoping that the package named bellow will fit nicely.

South California Uncontrolled Airports Overhaul Package 1.4.7

Edited by DJJose

If they're aligned to the orthos and have exclusions they should work perfectly. I'm afraid I haven't tested these to try out, but it seems the author knows what he is doing 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ralf Maylin said:

Damned, my credit card was locked today after a fraud attempt. I have to wait until the new one is shipped.

Ralf...I'll fly for ya....come and take a seat...:)

I haven't flown yet...let the install, (took over an hour and a half!) work as I worked...now, am going to reboot the system. I have an O.S. level defrag program that will swap everything for neat and fast H.D. access reads...and then let 'er rip! I installed it in XP11.41 as I have found that the T.E. series has too many anamolies in the Beta 11.50xb   Orbx said they won't support the T.E. series in that version, until final non Beta release.  So...a system reboot, defrag, and here-----we go! 

"Ralf...make sure you have your seat belt clicked.  First stop....San Diego...over to Palm Springs,  Desert Hot Springs.....over the Queen Mary, over Densmore Avenue, at Van Nuys, over our old apartment building in Burbank, when dad moved our family from Phoenix, Az, in '62 to L.A.   Then...we head out over to Hearst Castle...and buzz the Castle upon the cliffs, then a fly over of  Zuma Beach, near Malibu...and...then...then....then....then....then.  Oh...this is going to be a full afternoon flight, Ralf...so you might want to hit the loo, before coming out to the tarmac...just warning ya...!"

Edited by Sesquashtoo

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

This is what is holding me back with 11.50. The default haze/sky just doesn't agree with me. Performance is much better, but it's a hard balance

Hope you enjoy it. I like Catalina Island and also the area around Oceano County (L52). Great if you're using PilotEdge

Thanks, was just telling Ralf...that I am about to reboot, defrag, and then fire up XP11.41.  I'll post some screenies.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Thanks Mitch. I take my seat to your right and promise not to touch things, my bottle of whine is open now. Enjoy your flights, captain. I stand by for screenshots. Cut me out from the fotos, was not able to visit the barber shop for some weeks now, lol.

Edited by Ralf Maylin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

You lucky so-and-so, Mitch. Envy, envy🤣

Pull out the card...and no envy needed, lol...  unless you mean the real Zuma Beach!   If you meant that...here's the back story:

We always lived in the Valley,   first moved from Phoenix, Az to a temporary apartment building in Burbank, Cali.   My dad was a Land Developer...so he along with his four business partners,  purchased tracts of land around Van Nuys, and started creating sub-divisions.  He built the first model home, and had the idea, that we live in it, (like modern Staging) and that was for the first ten houses on Densmore Avenue, in Van Nuys. Then, we moved from the Valley to Malibu...and I was a Malibu Punk from then on out.  My public and then high school friends (well, I claim I had friends! LOL!) sort of settled on either Santa Monica Beach, or  Zuma, as on the weekends, there usually was a good surf build (4-7 foot waves in steady on-shore swells) and...GIRLS!   GIRLS......waves and girls...the one-two punch for a California male...!

And oh..one more thing...the Frankie Avalon and Annette movies...were not hoaky...it was exactly like that...and oh..one more thing....I remember the 'stir' when one kid's dad bought him a NEW...TRANSISTOR (it had 16!) beach radio.  That was HUGE....no tubes...portable...and the batteries lasted for the weekend!  HUGE....my gawd....the memories are flowing now!   Later...

Mitch

7 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

Cut me out from the fotos, was not able to visit the barber shop for some weeks now, lol.

Ha ha, I can relate to this one

6 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

Thanks Mitch. I take my seat to your right and promise not to touch things, my bottle of whine is open now. Enjoy your flights, captain. I stand by for screenshots. Cut me out from the fotos, was not able to visit the barber shop for some weeks now, lol.

THAT...was funny!  Ok...enough typing, and (reboot/defrag) more Southern Californina Dreamin'.....   I'm going to play that in the background, as I take off from John Wayne...   I'm having too much fun...there's gotta be a hidden tax here, somewhere...

Later, Ralf!

Ok, Mama's and Papa's...let er rip!

Mitch

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Pull out the card

I think my days of flashing the CC and travelling Statewise are now fading away. Nice anecdote, though,👍

2 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Ok, Mama's and Papa's...let er rip!

I wanted to use that one for the trailer, but oh well, copyright and all 🙂

It gets worse. ORBX App offers Paypal but if I choose it, it freezes. Well, more whine now. The new card will arrive next week.

28 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

It gets worse. ORBX App offers Paypal but if I choose it, it freezes. Well, more whine now. The new card will arrive next week.

"I entered a church...and I began to pray....California Dreamin'....on a Winter's daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" 😉

I think this is going to be a hit-outta-the-park for Orbx...!

Tony,

You hit a home run with SoCal. FPS are between 25-30 in all major cities and I have all important sliders to the right. Weather is basic for now because all I want to do is explore:

BB0goq4.jpg

g9hbr0B.jpg

KSAN freeware

Lxqq3hn.jpg

Dusk

GYxJJJi.jpg

yLOflC9.jpg

SjF31Fm.jpg

• Like 2