Sign in to follow this  
Cloudey

Rex Texture Direct with Soft Clouds in v5

Just wondering if anyone could tell me whether installing Rex Texture Direct (with soft clouds) and/or Worldwide Airports HD is worth installing in v5.

I purchased both a while back and haven't migrated to v5 yet. Thing is, the sea, advanced atmospherics and some other textures are already in improved in v5 out of the box, so curious to know if installing Rex will kind of just get 'in the way' now?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by Cloudey
  • Like 1

If you don't plan on using the Enhanced Atmospherics (True Sky) you may try out soft clouds and textures for the sky. As for Worldwide Airports, no. The airport default building and surface textures have been vastly improved. In fact, if you look at default airport textures in V5 closely, they look just like some of the WWA textures with PBR added. Makes me wonder if LM didn't let Rex do the texture work as they had ORBX create the new default airport. Either way I've retired WWA personally and Active Sky P3D being out I'm committed fully to True Sky and have retired Soft Clouds and Texture Direct.

Until rex state they are compatible I would not install, I have them but not installed and V5.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Not update yet, They work on it and it will free update.

Better to wait a little.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

cheers guys, very helpful. I will stuck with True Sky and Active Sky for now. Very impressive I must say. Counting the days until the Nvidia 30 series is out now, at which point I will be sliders to the max 🙂

14 hours ago, Cloudey said:

cheers guys, very helpful. I will stuck with True Sky and Active Sky for now. Very impressive I must say. Counting the days until the Nvidia 30 series is out now, at which point I will be sliders to the max 🙂

Username checks out ⛈🌧🌤

Me as well. Can't wait for Rex Texture Direct (with soft clouds) to be updated, however, in their recent update statement REX makes no mention of v5 compatibility for Texture Direct :(

I am not too sure if I messed up something in v5 but my grass textures are all blurry. Was hoping to use Texture Direct to improve grass textures but I guess we'll have to wait for it. Any one else have really crappy grass in v5?

On 5/8/2020 at 9:07 AM, Cloudey said:

Said by every flight simmer about an upcoming hardware upgrade for the last 20 years 😄

• Like 1

Still no update of Rex Textures for P3D v5.1 I have ASP3D and am not happy with the visuals which are hazy and lack distinct clouds. Is there an alternative, for example, can REX Weather Force provide a better experience?

John McWilliam

If I am not mistaken did REX not supersede Soft Clouds with Skyforce 3D. Texture Direct is partially replaced also by Skyforce 3D.

There latest announcements have not mentioned any P3D updates or compatibility with v5 for Texture Direct or Soft Clouds. I am doubtful as to whether you will see  any updates from REX on these older products.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Any news about P3D V5 update? about 2 years and REX Soft clouds/Worldwide Texture Airport HD are up-to-date only for V4.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Rex stated on their discord that development has been stopped on Worldwide Airport HD for P3D.  You can install it into V5 but not all textures work and some are totally messed up like the Jetways.

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW