Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Alpha invites next week

Hi all,

Exciting news about the alpha invites going out next week. They have said they will prioritise people who signed up early. When exactly did the alpha invites first go out? I completed the survey on the 17th of January, is this considered early? 

*The latest screenshots and videos are unbelievable. That 2nd video, just skimming the sky scraper, the sounds of the wind and the camera head movement as it hits the bumpy air, just looks perfect. It’s going to be epic

They probably mean those who signed up during the first three months of the recruitment process. In the last wave, which if I recall correctly was very short and lasted just one day, most of the people being invited reported that they signed up in the October-November timeframe. But for a chance to get in, the most important factor is having a system equipped with 32GB RAM or more. If you have less than, your chances of receiving an invite are much lower.

I’m willing to bet now is a good time for 16gb ram. They will need to test it on mass at some point and have already been focused on 32gb for ages. My specs are gtx1070, i5 7500 and 16gb

in my mind, this is the ideal, slightly above average system, they should be testing and optimising for by now surely 

Come on algorythm choose me, i5, 2010 Nvidia card with induced voltage, i get 50fps on XP

Edited by mp15

2 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

in my mind, this is the ideal, slightly above average system, they should be testing and optimising for by now surely

This is what we've been hoping for over the several past few months, but no dice. In an older development update they even hinted about systems with 16GB RAM getting invited, but nothing changed. At this point I think they will start optimising for older systems when the Beta arrives, for now they are probably focused on testing new features and aircraft.

• Like 1

where can you see, when you have registered for the insider program?

I just checked which date I received the ‘welcome to Microsoft email’ - I signed up for the first time at the same time as opting in to insider 

Signed up as soon as it went live August 

13 minutes ago, Usvart said:

where can you see, when you have registered for the insider program?

Not anymore they have removed the forum from view, and even that was incorrect no one registered before December according to the forum.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, tommy10101 said:

I signed up for the first time at the same time as opting in to insider 

now, I am confused. Isn't this the same? I signed up for insider, but have I to register specially for the Alpha ?

How does one verify if they are signed up for a potential alpha invite?  I do not remember if I finished registering months ago. 

I think if it says ‘survey complete’ and  ‘no longer wish to participate in the insider program? opt out’ on your insider profile, then you are registered for the alpha. 

anyone correct me if I am wrong? 

Frankly, I'm more than a little tired with their carrot dangling in this regard, and I bet I'm not the only one either.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I suscribed in October 2019, It been 8 months already and no invite, not even a warm email with a video for Is waiting to see more.

This Is why i am going to OpT- out if im not invited next week.

@Chock you are a pilot, did you think pilots have priorità? I think gamers do.

• Like 1