Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Alpha invites next week

6 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Back on topic? 🙄

Nope, usually the mods are much better than this. They all must be taking Sunday off.

13 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

At least I make free stuff for the community, that's more than you do, because you're too smart and expensive according to yourself.

Wow, I just took a look at your website about the ai sounds. They sound amazing! Much more realistic than anything I’ve ever heard from ai traffic before. Perhaps i should start a new thread in the Prepar3d forum about this and you can respond there. Most of us are using an amazing freeware ai addon called AIG-OCI from Alpha India Group. We could definitely use your sound expertise to make that addon even more immersive. How difficult would it be to implement your sound effects into AIG—OCI? Do you have enough sounds to cover the many different types of aircrafts from ga aircrafts to 777, a320 and there many different engine variants? Would love to hear a proper GE-90-115b engine roar with the low rumble frequency when taking off. Your work is amazing and i appreciate people like you who make the flightsim community great again with your generous contributions!

Edited by captain420
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

26 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Wow, I just took a look at your website about the ai sounds. They sound amazing! Much more realistic than anything I’ve ever heard from ai traffic before. Perhaps i should start a new thread in the Prepar3d forum about this and you can respond there. Most of us are using an amazing freeware ai addon called AIG-OCI from Alpha India Group. We could definitely use your sound expertise to make that addon even more immersive. How difficult would it be to implement your sound effects into AIG—OCI? Do you have enough sounds to cover the many different types of aircrafts from ga aircrafts to 777, a320 and there many different engine variants? Would love to hear a proper GE-90-115b engine roar with the low rumble frequency when taking off. Your work is amazing and i appreciate people like you who make the flightsim community great again with your generous contributions!

Thank you. I always used WOAI for my AI traffic, and looking at AIG-OCI it's the same principle. So yes it can be implemented. But.... I stopped making these sounds because of a big bug in the sound engine of FSX/P3D, the sounds get weird lots of the time. It was too frustrating to hear this, while having no control over the bug.

And now MSFS is coming, and stating the sounds are going to be great.... so if all is right, it's good out of the box...... or is it? Don't know.

If you want to install the sounds, there's a video to help you. Also this guy covered it: 

• Like 3

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Thanks for the video, do you know if the sound bug still exists in the latest Prepar3D v5? Also what exactly is this sound bug you're speaking of? From watching your videos I don't really hear any sound bugs.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't recall they re-written the sound engine in v4 and v5. The sound goes weird, soft items of it are way to loud all of a sudden. Also planes way far away sometimes sound like they are close by. Mostly happens with multiple planes nearby. Never could put my finger on in.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

4 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

I don't recall they re-written the sound engine in v4 and v5. The sound goes weird, soft items of it are way to loud all of a sudden. Also planes way far away sometimes sound like they are close by. Mostly happens with multiple planes nearby. Never could put my finger on in.

At some point during the v4 era they included a sound fix that I think was aimed at AI aircraft, but it would cause the wrong engine sounds to play from your aircraft when switching views, so they reverted it.

An overhauled audio engine is something that I've always hoped Prepar3D would bring, better late than never I guess.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

If you’re serious about what you say you are, figure out a way to contact Microsoft and get yourself a copy of that SDK. 

I have an executive contact in the highest sphere of MS, i will see if i can ask him directly, if there Is anything i could develope or if i can play in the alpha.

2 hours ago, mp15 said:

I have an executive contact in the highest sphere of MS,

I doubt that very much.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 5

I knew this guy once that used to clean MS offices at night  , does that count as "an executive contact in the highest sphere of MS" ???? he can probably get me in the test group . texting him now . 

• Like 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

On 5/9/2020 at 7:33 AM, Wobbie said:

Why do you actually want an alpha invite when you actually are not interested in the hobby?

I'm interested to see the technology and the out come for my own computer vision experiments.

In terms of the recreational hobby, i do like landings and flying on failures as well as aircraft design and dynamics, so i belong to this community. 

For those complaining about not getting Alpha access... These are usually very small groups and their sessions are monitored for programming or backend issues but also NDA reinforcement which requires a lot of work on the team. So don't expect to actually get an invite at this stage. Sure. People will get invites, but the odds you will get one is very low. They likely are being selective with hardware as well as the individual with a few random "winners" thrown in the mix.

Out of the tens of thousands of submissions, I'd suspect no more than 0.5% - 1% have invites based on criterion they are looking for and simply avoiding having duplicative/too similar system setups. Alpha isn't meant to show off what they have accomplished.

Follow the reviews and developer updates and you'll have the gist of the progress. There is no reason to get all up in arms or in a huff. Just read some reviews on past game beta releases and you'll understand why MSFT isn't exactly handing out access like candy on halloween. They don't need to deal with 1,000's of people acting like an upset 3yr old on their social media accounts pointing out every tiny little Alpha flaw... Because we all know that's exactly what would happen.

• Upvote 2

@tjc_172 I Just gave the first and unique community point to you,  i handed It out to you as a halloween candy because  we all already know what you wrote about.

• Like 1

He was just using small words so you can understand exactly how the Alpha system works. Yes, we do actually know & understand how it all works, you, well, maybe you should read it again, then climb out of your cot to fetch all your toys that you have thrown out.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

2 hours ago, tjc_172 said:

NDA reinforcement which requires a lot of work on the team. So don't expect to actually get an invite at this stage. Sure. People will get invites, but the odds you will get one is very low. They likely are being selective with hardware as well.

Sending out an NDA for the user to sign and then storage this file which is a template, does not take a lot of work.

Microsoft, I'm sure, do not send out Alpha invites to kids that say & make demands....  "I'm doing OpT- out if i dont recieve the access invite next week and then i wont buy the game, im only interested in creations, i find flying so monotonous, boring and time wasting." & threaten them that if they do not get their way, they will not buy the product, BUT they still want the SDK & only 10 minutes in the sim. 

By the way, as you say that you are only interested in creations, do you have a link to share of some of your creations?  

Oh well, 

• Like 4

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...