Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Does Windows 10 2004 update really give you 1GB of VRAM back

Okay thanks for the advice. In that case I think I'll just wait. But I thought the insider build is basically RTM and it's just waiting for a public release.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Okay thanks for the advice. In that case I think I'll just wait. But I thought the insider build is basically RTM and it's just waiting for a public release.

It is RTM, has been for a while. So what you are receiving via the insider preview today, is the same build they will roll out to the public, then any subsequent day 1 patching, everyone will be receiving. I wouldn't worry about it being some unstable test build.

You can also leave the insider preview immediately, never receive any additional insider updates and stay on 2004. Then come official release, you are effectively back on the 'main branch' along with everyone else. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Where can I download the RTM version of 2004 iso? Can I use the iso to do an upgrade? Not clean install. I don't want to reinstall all my apps and flightsim and 3rd party add-ons all over again.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

If you signed up to be an insider (how-to here), you can download the insider ISOs here; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced

Not sure if you can upgrade from the ISO, haven't tried that.

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Which one is the Pro edition, and not sure what FAST and SLOW is.

image.png

That's the 'ring' of the insider build, fast is where they push a lot of early and potentially unstable updates. You want "Slow" for the RTM (RTM is build 19041)

And you choose Windows version during installation, Pro, Home, etc. should all be part of the ISO. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Quick reminder to those upgrading: Your GTN's from F1 and RXP will work on snail speed after the update. The 6.62 Trainer doesn't like Win 10 2004, at least he didn't on my system. Make sure to be able to do a roll-back. 

Hans

I'm not seeing any impact on the RXP GTN 750 in Win 10 2004. Maybe you should  try a reinstall of the GTN and also ask about the issue on the RXP support forum.

If it's working for you great. My issue had by no means anything to do with the RXP or F1 software. The trainer itself lagged heavily after the upgrade to 2004. It may well be a coincidence and related to something on my systems and it's encouraging that you do not have any issues. I deleted and reinstalled the trainer a couple of times but this did not help. For now, I am staying with the older 1903/1909 version.

Hans

Yes i did get the extra 1gb, and it does help. So far no issues with the 2004 update...

• Like 1

Yep, on my 2080Ti, went from 9.2 to 10.1 GB.  Nice having the extra headroom with all the addons starting to show up.

• Like 2

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant