Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

747 V5 is out

33 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I think you have generalized there a bit (well, a lot really). Unless you know that for a fact, then you don't know.

Well, PMDG should have held back from releasing till 1: They got a reply from HiFI or 2: the new API was released.  HiFi could have been too busy to reply. I bet PMDG don't answer e mails too in a timely manner either.

They PMDG are not demigods who must demand instant attention. PMDG have history of falling out with Developers, and customers.

• Upvote 4

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I hope they didn’t use the same updates from the NGXu for how it taxis in the sim. I still hate how the 737 feels on the ground.

Of course, they did it but is not so bad as the NGXU. It still needs to be refined.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

5 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Any early vram observations? I only have 8gb - keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 

Cheers,

Pete

You will be close to 6.

But that's not the problem, you will notice big fluctuations in FPS between 18 to 30 with stutters.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

22 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Well, PMDG should have held back from releasing till 1: They got a reply from HiFI or 2: the new API was released.  HiFi could have been too busy to reply. I bet PMDG don't answer e mails too in a timely manner either.

They PMDG are not demigods who must demand instant attention. PMDG have history of falling out with Developers, and customers.

You're speculating - you have no idea what went down and are allowing your grievances to take over. Why do you hate them so much? They don't give freebies?

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

41 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

Nah...I'm good. With the egos there I'm sure they have someone watching.

Come on, if you talk the talk, you should walk the walk.

David Porrett

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

Curious to know everyone's VRAM usage with heavy third party add-ons.

Such as AI Traffic, Global Ship Traffic, Active Sky, Orbx Global, Trees HD, TerraFlora v2, Buildings HD, GSX, Fs2Cre RAAS, City Scenery like Drzweicks add-ons, etc. and running in 4K res. and high to max settings.

If you can still run with all these add-ons and not go over your VRAM limit and also keep decent FPS. Then P3D v5 is a looking hopeful.

Hi, with all this addons you say I’ve been live streaming an hour ago taking off from KSFO with Truesky and 5.1Gbs VRAM off 6.9 out views smooth and 60 fps inside vc 30fps dynamic stream textures off with RTX2080. Add RealTraffic Psxseecon and TG and UTL iA. Good news for us I think.

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Which version of EGLL is better for P3D v5? UK2000 or Aerosoft?

I have booth, I rather use Aerosoft.

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

They don't give freebies?

What a stupid response. Hate is a strong word, and now you are speculating. I like the product(s) but Dis like the the way they have conducted themselves recently. It was PMDG that decided to publicly bag HiFI, so I won't apologise for calling them out on it.. You appear to be looking at this as a slur against PMDG, one must ask, why ?

Then again, your well known for turning a debate into an argument.!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

9 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Come on, if you talk the talk, you should walk the walk.

You seem to want this pretty bad so feel free to copy and paste over there. I won't be bothered. They had a perfectly functional forum here on Avsim before.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

23 minutes ago, killthespam said:

You will be close to 6.

But that's not the problem, you will notice big fluctuations in FPS between 18 to 30 with stutters.

#metoo 😞

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Curious to know everyone's VRAM usage with heavy third party add-ons.

Such as AI Traffic, Global Ship Traffic, Active Sky, Orbx Global, Trees HD, TerraFlora v2, Buildings HD, GSX, Fs2Cre RAAS, City Scenery like Drzweicks add-ons, etc. and running in 4K res. and high to max settings.

If you can still run with all these add-ons and not go over your VRAM limit and also keep decent FPS. Then P3D v5 is a looking hopeful.

So, just did my first test flight. BOS-BWI. I have all of the addons installed that you mentioned. My AI traffic (I have ALL AIG flightplans installed) is set at 70%, GA at 40%, Ships both set to 50%. I have most of my sliders far right except autogen, the draw distance is one notch lower. I do not use HDR. I fly on my 4K TV, and my system specs are:

i9-9900 @5.0, 32GB@3200, 2080ti, Win10 2004 update.

Some of the things I've noticed, and either have to live with, or troubleshoot.

Frames- My frames aren't any better in v5. In fact, at cruise even worse. Couldn't even maintain 20fps at 32000'. There was some weather on the east coast today, so that might be part of it.

ASP3D/TrueSky-  shortly after take off, I switched from TrueSky to the normal engine, when I discovered that with AS3PD it IS true, only 1 layer of clouds will appear. Not sure if this caused the FPS issues, because there was also an issue with different colored clouds during the entire flight. This could be due to a conflict with Envtex, even though I selected ASCA integration.

Texture Loading- Another strange issue. When going from spot view to virtual cockpit and back, the textures of both the Virtual cockpit, or fuselage would not load. In the case of spot view, sometimes the 3D model wouldn't load showing the seats inside. These issues continued even while paused (I waited 3min), or zooming in (that trick sometimes works with scenery). This was not consistent, but occurred often enough that several times I had to toggle back and forth, to get the textures to load.

RAAS- No matter how many times I checked the master switch, it just would not work. At all. It'd just reset and show the master switch off. 

VRAM- It doesn't seem like the 747 uses anymore VRAM than the default mooney. I never went above 7.1. And I tried, with the spinning views. I've previously seen a big dip in VRAM usage just swapping the default AI for AIG, not sure why that is yet. 

Steering- I didn't have issues with the way the steering worked in the NGXu, like most did. However in the 747 - and this may be realistic- but there is no gradient from a tight turn at or under 10kts or a wide turn over 10kts. It was jarring to make such a wide turn and suddenly it sharpens significantly, causing the A/C to oversteer. Of course, maybe I just need to adjust how I taxi. I use the Saitek rudder pedals.

MISC- After pulling into the gate in BWI, while shutting down the engines, I got the dreaded device hung error. Not sure yet exactly what causes this. There is still some debate. But before the 747, this only ever happened to my system at EGLL with ORBX TE. Also, I really wish they'd make a way to remove the captain's seat in the 747,  just like in the NGXu. 

I think that's all I've noticed during this flight. If I recall any more, I'll post about it. I will have to troubleshoot some of these issues, and do another test flight tomorrow after work. 

-Tony@PVD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Moore

No issues with the 747 update for me on 4.5HF2. Just finished a flight and everything was the same except for the new taxi features which is fine. Nothing as dreadful as the NGXu. Texture load is instant when cycling views.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

44 minutes ago, breakinghbts said:

Texture Loading- Another strange issue. When going from spot view to virtual cockpit and back, the textures of both the Virtual cockpit, or fuselage would not load. In the case of spot view, sometimes the 3D model wouldn't load showing the seats inside. These issues continued even while paused (I waited 3min), or zooming in (that trick sometimes works with scenery). This was not consistent, but occurred often enough that several times I had to toggle back and forth, to get the textures to load.

I think this might actually be the same issue that is tripping up a lot of AMD RX 5700XT cards. I can pretty much guarantee a DXGI Device hang switching from spot view to VC with the PMDG 747 and also saw the same issue with textures not loading when switching from VC to spot view (even at an area with just over 3GB base VRAM use, so plenty of headroom for texture loading). I have a feeling it causes some sort of interrupt that is being handled better by Nvidia in their drivers than by AMD.

I got a CTD after 30 min of flying VCRUNTIME140.dll error.

Dino Rossetti

48 minutes ago, Prpn said:

I think this might actually be the same issue that is tripping up a lot of AMD RX 5700XT cards. I can pretty much guarantee a DXGI Device hang switching from spot view to VC with the PMDG 747 and also saw the same issue with textures not loading when switching from VC to spot view (even at an area with just over 3GB base VRAM use, so plenty of headroom for texture loading). I have a feeling it causes some sort of interrupt that is being handled better by Nvidia in their drivers than by AMD.

I recieved the same error with my 1080ti. Was running ASP3D, true sky on with the PMDG 747. Plenty of vram to spare when the error happened.