Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

747 V5 is out

This doesn't sound too promising from what I'm reading here, I think I too will stick with 4.5 and keep my current 747 without the update.

I've already had command of the real world 747 ripped from my hands this week, I can't risk loosing my simulator 747 as well. 

• Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

What’s up with the strobe lights?  They look terrible 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Since I have not flown the 748F for a long time I thought i would try with this update am on v4.5

Taxi'ing was no problem but i only taxi at 15ks in a straight line and 6-8kts in tunes, all perfect no idea what all the drama is about. Try at the right speeds and then see. Turns 7ks...

As for all the updates! well wing flex on the 8F was very small and nice. No flapping its wings now. Taxi'ing the wings did not really move much at all.

The aircraft is modelled really well and is a joy to see inside and out.

Its a great aircraft, it really is.

But...

No new refuelling like the ngu, why not PMDG? and still just adding in a ZFW for cargo/pax is so old now. FSL = ATSU/GSXv2 is a different world for immersion. PMDG you need to up your game.

I enjoyed the flight but its still lacking from the NGu, becasue at least in that you can call a fuel truck, enter your fuel load and its fill up. A step in the right direction but not in the new 747!

For me its not moved at all in my list of what I want to spent time in. 3rd at best, well its 3rd as I only have the FSL/NGu/747 installed. But its still a long way back on the other two sadly. If it had the integration of GSXv2 like the FSL then this and the Ng would be right up there. Until then.

Close but no cigar.

8f.jpg 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Went for a test flight yesterday, SDF-HNL in a UPS 744F.  With EA enabled, active sky beta and AIG OCI traffic enabled I was very impressed by the smoothness and FPS at SDF...low 40’s for the most part without stutters.  Things were going well until somewhere over California when I decided to go outside for a look and promptly had a CTD with g2d.dll.

So certainly some promise here with v5, but yesterday will likely set the record for the most CTDs I’ve ever had in one day (across a variety of aircraft in a variety of scenarios).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

37 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Went for a test flight yesterday, SDF-HNL in a UPS 744F.  With EA enabled, active sky beta and AIG OCI traffic enabled I was very impressed by the smoothness and FPS at SDF...low 40’s for the most part without stutters.  Things were going well until somewhere over California when I decided to go outside for a look and promptly had a CTD with g2d.dll.

So certainly some promise here with v5, but yesterday will likely set the record for the most CTDs I’ve ever had in one day (across a variety of aircraft in a variety of scenarios).

Ya, i'm not going anywhere near v5.0, maybe 5.1 whenever that is but by then MSFS might almost be here so who knows..... Once the sharkets are out for FSL, I will go from v4.5hf2 to v4.5hf3. That's it for now. 

• Like 1

Eric 

3 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ya, i'm not going anywhere near v5.0, maybe 5.1 whenever that is but by then MSFS might almost be here so who knows..... Once the sharkets are out for FSL, I will go from v4.5hf2 to v4.5hf3. That's it for now. 

They said you don’t need the hotfix for 4.5 to upgrade to sharklets 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, micstatic said:

They said you don’t need the hotfix for 4.5 to upgrade to sharklets 

Excellent, then I have one less thing to do when it is released. I'm getting in some flying with the PMDG 747 now as I know when the sharklets are released I will be on that for weeks to come. 

Eric 

after a few flights overall I still like the PMDG 747.  But the things I would like:

-More options for ground handling.  Don't like the execution of the new taxiing even if I appreciate it in concept. If you could combine the old feel with the heaviness of the new concept. 

-Strobe lights are VERY bad.  I mean very bad.  Taxi light/Landing light.  Really seems old and out of date.  I've seen much better light technology in other airplanes.  With DX12 out, I bet this will be even further developed.  They can do better here. 

-Snow/Ice Modeling.  Granted it will be 6 months until I care about this again.  But the FSLabs and a notch down Maddog do it very well.  

-View changes and texture load time.  Something is wrong.  Doesn't happen every view switch but often.  

-Texture of wings/engine nacelles seem muddy.  PBR color of nacelles looks black.  

Other than that I appreciate PMDG being the first of the big time airplane makers to get a V5 one in our hangar.  

• Like 1

I had a CTD in all of the three flights I did with it

Activesky is causing the CTD on p3dv5. Check hifi forums

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

9 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

Ok! Was using indeed Active sky

I don't like how sometimes I get textures reloading when switching views. Example, going from VC to externals, and vice versa. If I'm in in a heavy area loaded with 3rd party add-on the texture reloading happens often, and it's quite slow and really ruins the immersion. This is one thing that really bothers me in P3D. Hope this can be fixed.

And I totally agree with others about the ground features that are in FSLabs version. I hope PMDG will add GSX compatibility with all their planes so the 2 can work seamlessly together to bring a more immersive experience to the sim.

The lighting for this plane looks old gen. The modeling is nice, however the lighting doesn't match. I really hope they can fix the lights to make it look more nextgen.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

53 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Ok! Was using indeed Active sky

1 hour ago, vincentrouleau said:

where does it say its causing ctds?  maybe im missing a trick here 

14ppkc-6.png

Hi:

So just a tip/idea.  I haven't updated the 747 yet either and I'm still v4.  But I've found, whenever I update or install a new airplane, I also rebuild config. and shadders.

Maybe that will help.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

For all people who have DXGI errors when switching to the cockpit, try disabling HDR as a friend of mine had said disabling HDR will remedy the DXGI errors.