Sign in to follow this  
Pilot53

v5 shader mods

Are there any shader mods compatible with v5 yet?  I know PTA doesn't work, but what about tomato shade or anything else?  Im going to try v5 soon but I can't imagine going back to a default shader p3d if i end up having to disable truesky, and no one has shown any pics of truesky with bad wx so I'm not planning on being able to use it.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Envshade has been updated for v5.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have found envshade to work quite well, I've just used it with no adjustments to it. Updating the whole thing -minus the Sound thing includes a 9 gig SP2 update for Envtex, (PBR files and such). I remember when TogaProjects first came out, I didn't think much of it, but I think they've become a decent contender nowdays. 

Edited by jimcarrel
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

As PTA will not be updated to V5 at this moment I just bought EnvShade to have a start with Shader modding.

There are several sliders to manually modify tweak effects.

As I already had EnvTex I downloaded the Expension set too.

- - -

Over the next coming months I will look into the Shaders to see if I can make new Saldo Monthly presets or not for V5

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Envshade has been updated for v5.

Vic

Yes but here no any Sliders ect. (like in PTA). Can I here turn off adaptation effect (HDR) for example?

Can I do blue haze on horizon too? Can I do cloud shadows more darker?

Pity that owner of PTA M.I.A and out of this bussines.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Envshade fine tuning
While Envshade has been made to be as close as possible from the reality with the default settings, the experience can differ depending on the other add-ons you are using and your monitor settings. Thus Envshade now allows you to fine tune some of the most important features in order to better fit your monitor colours and your tastes.
Each of the following features have a multiplier allowing you to adjust the strength of the corresponding effects. Any feature that reacts dynamically to environmental parameters will be correctly adjusted depending on your settings.

Atmosphere scattering
This feature reproduces the rayleigh scattering you can observe in reality. This results in a blue tinted haze in the lower atmosphere, the farther you are looking at, the stronger is the effect.
Adjusting this setting decreases or increases the strength and color of the effect to better match your monitor colours and your own preferences.
This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters.

Cloud brightness day
Envshade automatically adjusts the cloud brightness depending on time of day, weather, sun and moon positions.
Depending on your monitor setting and own preferences you can adjust this setting to darken or brighten the cloud texture during daytime. A smooth transition between night and day will be automatically made by Envshade.
This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters.

Cloud brightness night
Envshade automatically adjusts the cloud brightness depending on time of day, weather, sun and moon positions.
Depending on your monitor setting and own preferences you can adjust this setting to darken or brighten the cloud texture during nighttime. A smooth transition between night and day will be automatically made by Envshade.

Cloud shadows
Envshade enhances the clouds shadowing to better match the reality, this depends on altitude, time of day, visibility and many other environmental parameters.
In order to better match your own preferences and monitor contrast, you can adjust thi setting to darken or brighten the clouds shadows. This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters.

Cloud fog blending
In reality, fog tends to appear greyish from the ground, however it usually looks really bright when flying on top due to the sun reflection on water particles. Envshade reproduces this perfectly especially when combined with Envtex sky textures, it automatically blends with clouds depending on your relative altitude to the fog layer. Depending on the sky texture and other 3rd party addons you are using, the fog may appear too grey or too bright when flying on top, this may cause the clouds not blending correctly with the fog layer.
Adjust this setting to reduce or increase the fog brightness when flying over the fog layer for a perfect blending with the clouds.
This doesn’t affect the fog colour when flying inside or lower than the fog layer. This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters.

HDR contrast
Envshade enhances the default HDR contrast method, using this setting you can easily adjust the contrast level added by Envshade.
Adjust this setting to decrease or increase the level of contrast in Prepar3D. HDR must be enabled in Prepar3D’s settings.

HDR night bloom
At night, lights can produce a high glare effect to the human eyes. Envshade reproduces this automatically by adding a multiplier to your P3D bloom setting at night.
Instead of decreasing or increasing your P3D bloom setting, you can now adjust this setting to decrease or increase the lights glare effects at night.
This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters. Bloom setting must be higher than 0.00 settings.

HDR night darkness
Prepar3D’s default night is far too bright up to P3D v4.3, Envshade is correcting this by darkening a lot the night using the integrated Prepar3D’s HDR technology. Adjust this setting to darken or brighten the global night lighting.
From Prepar3D v4.4, night has been enhanced a lot, however it’s now very dark by default when the moon is not high in the sky. Envshade automatically adjusts the night darkness depending on the moon position. You can adjust the level of the darkening using this setting but it’s highly recommended to perform your tests at the same date and time of day for consistent results.

Vertical visibility
This setting allows you to adjust the level of vertical visibility during low visibility conditions, this helps to prevent the sky to appear completely grey.
For a realist result, we highly recommend keeping this setting to default (Normal / 1.0), which is the default P3D’s setting.

Terrain saturation
This setting simply allows you to adjust the world terrain saturation, this will affect any type of terrain.
Adjust this setting to decrease or increase the water saturation. This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters.

Water saturation
This setting simply allows you to adjust the world water saturation, this will affect any type of water (oceans, seas, tropical water and inland water).
Adjust this setting to decrease or increase the water saturation. This feature will keep reacting dynamically to diverse environmental parameters.

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Does anyone know if Tomatoshade will be updated for P3Dv5? 🧐

Adrian

18 minutes ago, AdiR said:

No one knows.

Several days ago there was an update for V4.5 HF3.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

As PTA will not be updated to V5 at this moment I just bought EnvShade to have a start with Shader modding.

There are several sliders to manually modify tweak effects.

As I already had EnvTex I downloaded the Expension set too.

- - -

Over the next coming months I will look into the Shaders to see if I can make new Saldo Monthly presets or not for V5

Did PTA leave the arena forever?

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Envshade fine tuning....

But I cant turn OFF here this stupid HDR adaptation effect like it was in PTA?

0wbcKSsl.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, AdiR said:

No, not in the foreseeable future. . Info from the Tomato Shade Discord Channel.

Unfortunately I have some bad news: due to personal circumstances I won't be able to provide an update in the near future. Due to the ongoing corona crysis, I am required to have a stable and running PC for work and I can't risk to loose my currently perfect stable system. I would need to update my OS which is not something I can do right now. Don't judge me on that, it is now just the way it is. I have plans to build a secondary system where I can play around as much I want (because I would keep my current stable system for work), but the plans are not final yet. And because I want to upgrade to an HEDT platform, quite a lot of money is involved within that decision - which makes it even more complicated for me. To summarize: yes I want to provide an update but the real life situation prevents it from happening in the near future. I wish it would be different as well.

Edited by ZKOKQ
  • Like 2

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 minutes ago, YoYo said:

But I cant turn OFF here this stupid HDR adaptation effect like it was in PTA?

0wbcKSsl.jpg

Yeah, this is the first thing I've always disabled via PTA in the previous versions. In v5, you can actually disable the $%#$%#! adaptation effect via Prepar3D.cfg by setting "ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR" to 0, but this seems to also disable the brightness adjustment slider in HDR settings. This is a problem, because v5 is way too dark by default. Another thing that's missing is the contrast adjustment available in PTA. By default, P3D has always had overdone contrast, but in v5 it's just ridiculous, especially on the panel/instruments...

As for the atmospheric effect, the scattering offered by the "Enhanced Atmospherics" is rather nice, but there are a lot of glitches with lighting in that mode...

On a side note [rant warning ON], I think the biggest problem with visuals in P3D is the absence of, for the lack of a better expression, "art direction". They've historically thrown in some rather interesting technical features with a lot of promise, but never bothered to actually make them work as intended and look like something from planet Earth. There's a lot of potential in the engine, but it needs to be adjusted by someone who has actually looked out of the window to see the real world. The adaptation effect is a good example -- it makes the sim behave like a GoPro with auto-exposure, but in no way mimics the human eye. Getting realistic lighting at sunrise/sunset without overexposing everything during the day is a chore even with advanced expressions in PTA. The default sky and cloud textures are a joke, even though they could be adjusted easily. Simplest things like sun/moon size haven't been properly adjusted for years. Now the terrain is PBR, which is a good idea in theory, but in practice, what you get is glowing (and I mean GLOWING!) fields and grass runways at sunset -- once again, a welcome feature from a technical standpoint, but one which nobody bothered to test and 'calibrate' to look realistic... [rant OFF].

Regards,

Tym

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I would not say this better (as I am not a native english speaker 😁 ).

That is a food for thought for some developpers (REX please, rush a EF v5 - even un early beta).

Gérard

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

Did PTA leave the arena forever?

Matt Davies said on his PTA forum that he had made good on his commitment to supporting the life of P3DV4, so who knows what that means.  As usual with Matt's products, they are very good, but there is no consistency or clear messaging.

• Upvote 1

On 5/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, tymk said:

On a side note [rant warning ON], I think the biggest problem with visuals in P3D is the absence of, for the lack of a better expression, "art direction".

Superbly put. I agree 100%! Far too many "cheesy" and fake camera effects that we simply do not see in RL with our own eyes.

Reflection on water (sea) is a classic example of how to get it totally wrong. I've never, ever, seen sea water reflect anything in RL ... though it does accept shadowing from nearby terrain. Water can only reflect clouds (or anything else) if it's totally calm/still - like a mill pond - which the sea never is.

Adam.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png