Nemo

V5 Performance reevaluated

15 fps with a 2080 ti LOL

I don't understand people are still wasting their times & money on this sim

these performances are unacceptable for the visuals you get

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

No it made very little difference. Really trying to understand what's happened. As I say in the release version I fired up the pmdg 777 sat on the end of the runway in an overcast heathrow with true sky and got 30 to 40 fps.

Same scenario post hotfix and it dropped to 20!! I've eased up some settings and managed to get it up to the high 20s but I'm still miffed as I could have it set higher before!

You should check your settings after the hotfix.  It does change them so apples to oranges

Clearly there is something wrong causing the FPS to be this low.  He will get fantastic performance once he finds the cause. Instead of being negative about this, why not offer some support to him?

• Like 3

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

5 minutes ago, cepact said:

15 fps with a 2080 ti LOL

I don't understand people are still wasting their times & money on this sim

these performances are unacceptable for the visuals you get

LOL, time to crank down those sliders that are obviously to high for your hardware if you're only getting 15fps.

980ti here, 60+FPS. 

8 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

Nemo, the Riva tuner crashes - or at least caused initial version of v5 to crash so setting 30fps outside sim is great idea if the hotfix solved that problem.  I haven't tried opening riva tuner with the hot fix...sim is running fine for me and don't want to jinx it..lol.

Not at my side until now. fingers crossed.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I just finished what I felt like was my first "real" flight in P3D V5. FSDT's KORD to Drzeweicki's (sp) KJFK with ActiveSky, AI, etc. in PMDG's -8. The experience felt identical to 4.5 in terms of poor performance, especially when on the ground (20 - 22 FPS). Funny how V5 seemed so promising just days ago (pretty sure I've said as much on this forum).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flightskyc said:

LOL, time to crank down those sliders that are obviously to high for your hardware if you're only getting 15fps.

980ti here, 60+FPS. 

I was quoting the author who claims to have 15 fps at KLAX and he has the best hardware you can get

• Like 2

For now I have to say that appears and looks good with better performance than V4.5 in my case.....Initial load with 747 at FTCYYZ was terrible...like something got stuck, but while taxi to runway slowly started "unwinding" itself....whatever that is and was. In the air now, with only 2.5GB vRam using and TS is ON. Other than that I experienced only one vRam crash (was 2.5 GB or something) so I am not sure what happened. Currently I opened to "unlimited" VSSYNC etc....sliders are mostly to the right. So....it is still ways to go but it looks promising....waiting for FSL if they ever update to V5....

Alex 

3 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

For now I have to say that appears and looks good with better performance than V4.5 in my case.....Initial load with 747 at FTCYYZ was terrible...like something got stuck, but while taxi to runway slowly started "unwinding" itself....whatever that is and was. In the air now, with only 2.5GB vRam using and TS is ON. Other than that I experienced only one vRam crash (was 2.5 GB or something) so I am not sure what happened. Currently I opened to "unlimited" VSSYNC etc....sliders are mostly to the right. So....it is still ways to go but it looks promising....waiting for FSL if they ever update to V5....

I agree.  This sim has very good performance and with Truesky and Dynamic Ocean I am interested in seeing where things go with what the 3rd party developers will be able to do going forward.  FT CYYZ is totally flyable for example in sim now.  You're totally right too.  Once we all start adding 3rd party aircraft it will be interesting to see where things go although I am optimistic it won't be as bad as some might think.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

The problem with flight simulator you have a wide range of PC`s setups, and no matter which sim users get different results and MSFS will likely be the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

The problem with flight simulator you have a wide range of PC`s setups, and no matter which sim users get different results and MSFS will likely be the same.

As an alpha tester for MSFS all I will say is it's a totally different animal than P3D v5 my friend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, G-RFRY said:

I believe that's the case.....Judging by what I see people with very strong machines, video cards and better CPU have more issues....weather that is because they tweak more, since they can, or simply other reasons it is hard to say.....As I said I am very happy for now...obviously in my case I am missing two more Addons to complete V5...REX (if and what they gonna make it) and FSL and other PMDG AC of course....Majority of sceneries are already loaded and perform well....

Alex 

4 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

As an alpha tester for MSFS all I will say is it's a totally different animal than P3D v5 my friend.

Which version of P3D are you using.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I am using v5 with the hotfix.

4 minutes ago, ywg256 said:

MSFS has also its issues, so every sim has positive and negative points. I know several MSFS beta testers.

Don’t think that there is a flightsim that has all the eyecandy, all the realism and the best franerate without any stutters.

And the hardware to accomplish all the above does not even exist...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0