Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Help me with FSUIPC6 Traffic Settings

Hi guys,

I never really fully understood on what FSUIPC traffic settings are - Yes, I have read the documentation over and over.  I need to see some visual examples.  I wish there were easy options like - Reduce Traffic - click here. Version 6 has the nice gui layout.

Using AIG Manager for AI

Are my settings to aggressive or too wide.  The very first option where it says 25 - does that mean there only be 25 planes left? in the manual Pete has it set to 80 on the screenshot.  Also how do I reduce the insane number of airplanes at the gate of FSDT Kord V2.  I really do not want start playing with AIFP.  I just want to click this and that and be done.  For example, I want to see nice number of any airports that I choose (but not too much) especially at the gates.

It is still fun to see planes move about and much.

Ct1ADej.jpg

Thank you

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

@Skywolf, 25 means you will see a maximum of 25 aircraft. Without knowing your system it's impossible to advise a suitable number. Pete's default settings of 80 is a good starting point. If fps stay well above 30 then increase it by 20. You'll need to adjust the time by a couple of minutes for a reload of Ai.

I haven't changed any of the other values.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Pete has pretty powerful machine. For example, on my i7 4790k I can go up to 40, after that the performance hit is just too much. This one really depends on your computer since AI traffic is one of the biggest FPS eater.

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

25 means you will see a maximum of 25 aircraft

Not quite correct @Ray, as a Target Frame Rate has been set in this case. Traffic will only be deleted to maintain the 30FPS frame rate, so can go higher. Then the Target frame rate is set, the 25 is the lower limit, so FSUIPC will not delete any traffic below 25 to maintain the target FPS.

9 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Not quite correct @Ray, as a Target Frame Rate has been set in this case. Traffic will only be deleted to maintain the 30FPS frame rate, so can go higher. Then the Target frame rate is set, the 25 is the lower limit, so FSUIPC will not delete any traffic below 25 to maintain the target FPS.

I’d missed that John. 😊

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather