Sign in to follow this  
Guest dutton

Forum speeds?

Guest PPSFA

Are they set differently? The FS9 forum loads fast, FSX sloooow, both are set to ' 1 week'

Guest Redvan

ditto. Pushing the limits of unbearable here... i've resulted to doing other tasks while waiting for it to load...

Guest tcable

Actually, the FSX forum has numerous enhancements that make it slow- higher res textures and mesh, more sophisticated models, far superior autogen with road traffic and ships! We'll all need to upgrade our PC's with Vista and DX10 in order to regain the performance of the FS9 forum.:)Swerioulsy, there's much more traffic in teh FSX forum right now- even lurkers put a load on that table with each page load. It'll settle down within a few weeks. It's always like this for a major release.

Yep, It is almost like going back to the 56K modem days. Figured it was the overload of folks interested in FSX.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest FxF3

Ok who has some FSX forum tweaks.:-lol Hmm I think I just slowed the forum down by posting this.:( And using smilies.

>Are they set differently? The FS9 forum loads fast, FSX>sloooow, both are set to ' 1 week'Hi,The reason is simply that FSX is for slooooow flying GA planes, and FS9 is for fast commercial jets. ;-) Thus the differences also in the forums. :-lolhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifFSX..:-hmmm...nah.. Still happy without it!! :-hahMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HDMy work:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

You guys crack me up... :)However, my response is; "Each of you send us $69.95 and we'll speed things up without a DX10 card".Seriously, it is all about load on the FSX forum. Just look at the number of "reads" of the messages, compare that to other sites, and you get the idea. :)

Hi,Just curious.What time zone is Avsim in?I am central ds usa.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest dutton

Do what I do. Download IE7 if you have not already and right click topics, open in new tab as you view the topics. By the time you are done reading the first one, the others would have opened.duttonhttp://dutton.fsblogger.com/