Sign in to follow this  
pmb

P3D5 support: MFSG and FlyLogic vs. Flugwerk and Technobrain

Hi,

I asked four firms from whom I bought many sceneries about planned Prepar3d5 support (no date, just only if). They all don't have a support forum, thus I asked via Mail. Here are four interesting results.

1. MFSG (Malaysian Flight Simulator Group), maker of a lot of smaller nice Japanese Airports, replied within a few hours they would make their sceneries compatible. Downloads became available via Simmarket already - excellent.

2. FlyLogic, maker of numerous Switzerland airports, replied support will come shortly. Fine, too. 

Now the other two:

3. Flugwerk Design, maker of Austria Pro, didn't find me worth any reply since 25 April.

4. Technobrain, maker of several Japanese Airports didn't answer a mail sent on 3 May as well.

I find this quite remarkable as both are offering high-priced products. I find most of their products are very good and worth their money (with perhaps RJTT drawing on performance, but the rest is good) but shouldn't they feel at least responsible for answering customer mails?

In know you can squeeze the Prepar3d4 versions into Prepar3d5, but that's not what I am wanting to do.

Kind regards, Michael

(Sorry for sending a half-finished version of this by obviously pressing some wrong key prematurely.)

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Am going to give Devs on the scenery I bought a couple of months. Some of the scenery with v5 installer have issues. Flew out of one last night works great in v4 but v5 runway disapper, objects floating. Orbx scenery has problems in v5 also. Its going to take sometime. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

FlyLogic did release Sion for v5, and then LM broke it with the hotfix.  Lugano has a large new default building which ruins it in v5, but Bern-Belp seens to be OK.

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

1 hour ago, reecemj said:

Am going to give Devs on the scenery I bought a couple of months.  

I am well giving them a couple of months, too, and I am not at all pushing them. Plus, as Tony states, HF1 may even have broken something indeed.

However, I feel as a paying customer I am at least entitled to an answer, even if it's negative.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

For fairness, I should add that I got a letter by Technobrain today that they only recently detected their reply to my mail was rejected. They searched my website(!) for an alternative mail and this worked now - which I certainly find very kind and remarkable.

On the matter of P3D5 support as such they said they will consider taking action in the future but are not yet sure of the result.

No reply from Mr. Flugwerk yet.

Kind regards, Michael

Looks like RF and Just sim are treating V5 as a new platform and the ones they have available on SimMarket come with an upgrade price.  

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

33 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Looks like RF and Just sim are treating V5 as a new platform and the ones they have available on SimMarket come with an upgrade price.  

Not surprised with Justsim. They sometimes even charge upgrade price between updates lol.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090