Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Rex Texture Direct Enhanced

...just injected Soft Clouds, mid clouds and high clouds...had enough with just one level of cloud base!

Injected all the great airport concrete , asphalt, runway lines, signs...the all of it...

just pointed to my V5 location, rather than my v4.

Injected much nicer winds, rain, and thunder bursts.  All the stuff that you loved to put into V4.

Looks great, and sound's great!

Make sure to use DT5 instead of 32 bit.

Glad I had the program kicking around....:)

• Like 1

That's pretty cool! I still have that as well. Was waiting for Environment Force and Sky Force before I switched over to v5.

Edited by mtr75

25 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

That's pretty cool! I still have that as well. Was waiting for Environment Force and Sky Force before I switched over to v5.

Here is an airport with my injected worn parking spot markings!  Looks great!

2020-5-9-8-29-46-671.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just now, irondan said:

Are you using it on top of Enhance atmosphere/true clouds?

No..these are 2D...and only affect what you see if you are not using TrueSky.

Think of your actual P3D 4 install...and that ties in.  In Rex Direct, you have three level of cloud injections...and where I am right now...it's wonderful...I have mid and high level peeking at me up there....I just had enough of one level of cloud base...and missed all my markings...tire black...worn this...worn that...that makes an airport look good...as well as the better custom sounds..rain, wind, thunder...all happening now in v5.

• Upvote 1

good to know its working in P3DV5 time to install Texture direct and worldwide airports.

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Has this been tried with REX Texture Direct as well?  Would it work with v5?

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Has this been tried with REX Texture Direct as well?  Would it work with v5?

Yes...as long as it has a P3Dv4 native look up....you only point that to your v5..

Here FINALLY are levels of clouds...THERE BE CLOUDS NOW!

2020-5-9-8-54-46-606.jpg

2020-5-9-8-55-21-677.jpg

2020-5-9-8-55-48-379.jpg

2020-5-9-8-56-12-503.jpg

2020-5-9-8-56-21-104.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, garlicbread11 said:

good to know its working in P3DV5 time to install Texture direct and worldwide airports.

NOT WORLD WIDE AIRPORTS!  I don't vouch for that... I have it..but did not use it. Only cloud, ground marking, sound...not whole building installs...so I can't vouch for that...

For my low level clouds...I used the Stand Alone 'Soft Clouds' product

For the mid and high level, I used Rex Direct Enhanced....and for all the ground markings...tire burn on the touch down zones..(looks great!), all the ground markings around the terminals...all with Rex Direct Enhanced, as well as all sound...rain, wind, thunder claps.  I suggest you DO NOT use the runway sheen...for that is already in V5...  I also did not use any water textures...as I didn't want that to possibly bugger up WaveWorks 2.

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 1

Tried these clouds from Texture Direct and also from REX Sky Force.  When using any REX clouds I am getting the very weird color morphing that ASPD v5 (beta) has warned us about.  When I switch back to the clouds from ENVTEX, I do not get any of the odd effects.  Curious to hear what others are experiencing. The clouds from REX are nicer than ENVTEX until they start the odd color morphing.  I am not using 32 bit, I am using the DXT clouds.(1024)

WAT1460.png

9 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Tried these clouds from Texture Direct and also from REX Sky Force.  When using any REX clouds I am getting the very weird color morphing that ASPD v5 (beta) has warned us about.  When I switch back to the clouds from ENVTEX, I do not get any of the odd effects.  Curious to hear what others are experiencing. The clouds from REX are nicer than ENVTEX until they start the odd color morphing.  I am not using 32 bit, I am using the DXT clouds.(1024)

Are you using DTX5?

Interesting i might try out rex in v5 to compare to truesky

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3