Sign in to follow this  
irondan

Small airliners.

Hey friends I need some advice here. I am looking to get one small airliner.I am looking at the Aerosoft Airbus (318-321), their CRJ and TFDI 717. I have checked the FSlabs Airbus but the at 200$ Cdn it is way too expensive. I you can help me with pros and cons in a constructive manner it would be helpful. If there are some other aircraft I missed let me know.

Thanks for your help.

I personally would go for the Airbus or 717. The CRJ is not exactly best price/quality ratio in my opinion, and still seems to be buggy to this day, with issues affecting some of the more important day to day systems (LNAV not tracking properly, ILS not being flown properly in a crosswind). The Airbus series is more solid and does not seem to have many of those kind of issues. 

I have no experience with the TFDI 717 but have heard it is pretty excellent. 

Edited by Prpn

Check out the Majestic Dash 8 Q400.

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

CRJ looks amazing and is great for short flights. I use it with little issues. It is a bit pricey though, but I haven't found a comparable regional jetliner (the 717 looks nice though). I personally like it a lot but don't have a lot of experience with payware aircraft; been flying freeware and default planes for 20 years.

People on here have said the CRJ's flight dynamics are not realistic; it doesn't follow RNAV correctly (I haven't had this issue); it doesnt capture autopilot headings smoothly (I have witnessed this but 1/2 bank helps); the engines start too fast; and messages appear on the EICAS that don't in the real plane.

None of this bothers me enough so I continue to fly and enjoy the CRJ. Also, the lack of autothrottle makes it more fun IMO.

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

irondan,

Are you looking to simulate real life airlines/flight schedules? (Or are you part of a VA?) Those questions/answers may help in your final choice.

Many here will say the Majestic Q400 is the best regional...yes, it is a turrboprop.

The CRJ (Pro) is "OK"...it flies much better than when it was first released, but, still has a few errors. Depending on "your" experience with "realism" you'll either really like it...or not (if you've been exposed to higher fidelity aircraft systems). The biggest complaint is lack of auto-throttle...which is simulated like the real aircraft.

The Aerobus A3xx series is OK...if your hardware can support it (dips in FPS have been known to cause the autopilot to misbehave).

The TDFI is well-rated...there are just very few real-world operators for this plane.

Rob

TFDI is the best of that group but as noted there are not many real world operators if that matters to you.

I’d also reinforce looking at the Majestic Q400...one of the best there is at a much cheaper price tag than the (excellent) FS Labs Airbus series.  Also, assuming you’re a fellow Canadian, there are many many Canadian operators for the Q400 if you like simming close to home.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Majestic Dash 8 or Leonardo MaddogX.

But if you can save up for the FSL Airbus. That really is in a level of its own in terms of quality.

• Like 3

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Of the 3 you have listed, definitely the TFDi 717.  They are still waiting on LM to fix an issue in order to make the 717 compatible with P3D v5. 

I am aware about the quality of FSlabs and as a real life aviator (RCAF Senso) I love when systems are modelled almost 100% but still the price is too high. I think I will narrow it down between Majestic and the 717.

The TFDI 717 is great, you won’t be disappointed.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

10 minutes ago, irondan said:

I am aware about the quality of FSlabs and as a real life aviator (RCAF Senso) I love when systems are modelled almost 100% but still the price is too high. I think I will narrow it down between Majestic and the 717.

A nice thing about the Majestic Dash 8 is that it comes in several versions, with varying amounts of realism, but even the most capable of these versions is still pretty inexpensive. If you appreciate full-on realism, it includes working circuit breakers and test modes on the FMC in its fancier versions. In this respect, the Majestic Dash 8 is actually more complex than the FSL A320, because as fine as that FSL add-on is, even that doesn't have working circuit breakers. I am fairly sure Majestic made a mistake when they put the price tag on it and missed a zero off the end. 🤣

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I am almost at the point of having the dog choose for me between the two by pointing with it's nose. I am sure I will be happy with either choice. Thanks for your advice gents.

• Like 1

I would take the Q400 over the 717 no doubt.  It’s one of the best Addon aircraft available and the best simulation of a turboprop in P3D.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

58 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I would take the Q400 over the 717 no doubt.  It’s one of the best Addon aircraft available and the best simulation of a turboprop in P3D.

Haven't stopped flying it every single day in v4.5. Great aircraft as Chock has alluded to. And it takes some figuring out too. It's not just a simple sit in and off you go.

Edited by vc10man

The 717 is fantastic, very different from the Q400, both are fantastic, the 717 is way more limited in terms of rw routes however.