Sign in to follow this  
irondan

Small airliners.

Well I watched some tutorials and have completed a few successful flights, and I a think I am a Q400 addict now! This plane is simply amazing. I am not sure what took me so long but thanks to all for lighting the fire.

Cheers, Pete 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

5 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Well I watched some tutorials and have completed a few successful flights, and I a think I am a Q400 addict now! This plane is simply amazing. I am not sure what took me so long but thanks to all for lighting the fire.

When you're up for it, hand fly an ILS with the HUD down to the runway in near 0/0 conditions. It is a real thrill - one of the most immersive IFR experiences in the sim.  Getting the HGS setup for Cat III is easy once you get the hang of it and it is just a thrilling experience - even more so now with Truesky and no object/light bleedthrough to give you unfair visual clues.  Just love the Q.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Just now, cwburnett said:

When you're up for it, hand fly an ILS with the HUD down to the runway in near 0/0 conditions. It is a real thrill - one of the most immersive IFR experiences in the sim.  Getting the HGS setup for Cat III is easy once you get the hang of it and it is just a thrilling experience - even more so now with Truesky and no object/light bleedthrough to give you unfair visual clues.  Just love the Q.

That sounds great but I will have to wait until I upgrade to the Pro edition as currently I have the Pilot edition which I don't believe has the HUD display.

Cheers, Pete

Actually, if you want to be impressed, try flying a Radius to Fix approach in the Dash.  We worked very hard on dialing that one in.  Boeing field has a really nice one that will impress.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, if you want to be impressed, try flying a Radius to Fix approach in the Dash.  We worked very hard on dialing that one in.  Boeing field has a really nice one that will impress.

Best wishes.

That sounds interesting, I may have to give that a shot. Just did a short hop from KBUF to CYYZ. I can’t get enough.

Cheers, Pete

10 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

That sounds great but I will have to wait until I upgrade to the Pro edition as currently I have the Pilot edition which I don't believe has the HUD display.

Cheers, Pete

Yes. Since you can upgrade the edition by paying just the price difference it's wise to start with the Pilot and upgrade later if you like the aircraft.

7 hours ago, emko said:

Yes. Since you can upgrade the edition by paying just the price difference it's wise to start with the Pilot and upgrade later if you like the aircraft.

I certainly love the aircraft. I just have to determine if I would use the additional features that the Pro edition offers. One thing is for sure, their pricing is fantastic. Who can argue with the value you get, it’s really hard to believe.

Cheers, Pete

7 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Who can argue with the value you get, it’s really hard to believe.

I know, right? Believe it or not, I only paid $38 for the pro version over the holidays - I think half off for New Years.  I didn't know it then, but knowing what I know now, I feel like I stole it!

• Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Wow! I paid USD68 (in today's exchange rate - the rate between my currency and USD changed a lot since then due to the bad Corona (the non-Mexican one 😄)) and still I think that the price was more than reasonable. Especially compared to some 85-ish for Aerosoft Airbus 320 (which was a good money as well, BTW).