Sign in to follow this  
GoodSeb

#FeatureFriday : new com about A320

Three posts on msfsofficial instagram about A320

• How does a #FeatureFriday on the Airbus A320neo sound? This plane is currently being tested by our Alpha players. Though it is still the first version, we have many systems already included. (1/3) #MicrosoftFlightSimulator

01.jpg

Screenshot by: AiryNyan360 - Alpha Tester

• A320 Features: Fly by Wire system including some of the flight-envelope protection features and new airliner-specific autopilot and auto-throttle functions, MCDU (flight computer), FCU (Autopilot control panel) functions, SID’s and STAR’s, High altitude flight... (2/3) #FeatureFriday #MicrosoftFlightSimulator

02.jpg

Screenshot by: JonesAlexander2 - Alpha Tester

• More A320 Features: Long range missions, Land with autobrake and ground spoilers, Newly implemented ground handling features such as jetways, refueling trucks, baggage and catering, pushback and ground power carts. (3/3) #FeatureFriday #MicrosoftFlightSimulator

03.jpg

Screenshot by: Tomlaut1980 - Alpha Tester

• Like 6

I do hope that this aircraft is still within use of an average user rather than having to be an expert.

• Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I do hope that this aircraft is still within use of an average user rather than having to be an expert.

You actually do not have to be an expert to get an Airbus up and running. Sure, if you do it as realistic as possible - following guidelines and checklists - it would be demanding. But to fly from A to B, it does not require much. Programming the CDU might be the most challenging task.

That being said, I guess MS might also introduce a "flight ready" or even a "guide you through" mode (like teasered in the cockpit feature discovery series).

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

They have mentioned the "guide you through" mode will be available in all aircrafts, so I can't see why it won't be there in the A320 and the 747 as well.

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I hope the opposite.  I have found it very satisfying learning to fly the FlightSimLab buses.  The atsu system and FMC are awesome so I hope they make it very realistic.  It is a very friendly aircraft to fly and worth a little effort for average users and those old guys like me who love aviation!

Edited by Darcy
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Darcy said:

I hope the opposite.  I have found it very satisfying learning to fly the FlightSimLab buses.  The atsu system and FMC are awesome so I hope they make it very realistic.  It is a very friendly aircraft to fly and worth a little effort for average users and those old guys like me who love aviation!

Yes, lets not hold back progress.

• Like 5

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

2 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

They've said that it will still be accessible to all.

I mean it's going to be ported to X-Box later on.

Love that first screenshot, if Asobo just added a touch of wear an tear to the 320 it would take it to that next level, it would be hard to tell it was a simulator at all for me.

Also Feature Friday looks to have more meat on the bones than wing Wednesday. Next step short videos and they have a decent replacement for the feature episodes that appear to be coming to an end.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

It looks very nice

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 6:39 PM, Darcy said:

Gonna have FSLabs and PMDG for that 😉 Default planes will never be study level.. Honestly I feel like they're wasting time trying to create a somewhat good airplane... We've always had add-ons for that. They should be focused on the simulator core.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

12 minutes ago, Thomasso said:
On 5/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, Darcy said:

Gonna have FSLabs and PMDG for that 😉 Default planes will never be study level.. Honestly I feel like they're wasting time trying to create a somewhat good airplane... We've always had add-ons for that. They should be focused on the simulator core.

I really hope this mentality of ‘expensive addon = study level else trash’ mentality dies. Not everyone can or are are willing to fork out hundreds of dollars on addons, especially not beginners. If Asobo is able to release a somewhat study level aircraft as default with an easy mode for beginners, I’m all for it. PMDG and FSL should have their place, but not by discounting quality default aircrafts where available. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Just now, FAZZ3 said:

I really hope this mentality of ‘expensive addon = study level else trash’ mentality dies. Not everyone can or are are willing to fork out hundreds of dollars on addons, especially not beginners. If Asobo is able to release a somewhat study level aircraft as default with an easy mode for beginners, I’m all for it. PMDG and FSL should have their place, but not by discounting quality default aircrafts where available. 

I'm sorry but if you can't or aren't willing to buy top class add-ons, then you have to live with the fact that you're not gonna be using top class add-ons.

I'd like a Ferrari, can't afford it right now. Doesn't mean that I'm accusing my car manufacturer of not selling me a Ferrari-like car for a cheap price.

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

39 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

20 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

I'm sorry but if you can't or aren't willing to buy top class add-ons, then you have to live with the fact that you're not gonna be using top class add-ons.

I'd like a Ferrari, can't afford it right now. Doesn't mean that I'm accusing my car manufacturer of not selling me a Ferrari-like car for a cheap price.

So you don't think they should level-up every aspect of the sim? This brings competition and every addon in a completely different level of authenticity and that's how things evolve, they complexify, you just can't go the other way and we should be grateful for that.

In case you didn't notice, we enter a new age in flight simulation thanks to Microsoft and Asobo. Is it a law somehewe telling only addon developers are entitled to make "study level" addons?

Didn't you notice the entire planet is at Orbx True Earth level? This doesn't seem to bother you, but aircrafts should be left behind? Your mind is totally set in the past.

We are talking about a flight sim here and if you think they are wasting their time trying to bring aircrafts to the next level you are probably wrong. Oh, and if you think they should focus on other core features, you are probably wrong too, they will cover all of them.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Why? Asobo has much more people and other sources, than 3PD studios. There isn't any reason, why they can't make plane close to "study" level. If they make similar plane, they set a new level of default planes and 3PD must bring some more, if they want our money. I think it's a good bussines 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thomasso said:

If Asobo/MS can develop a study level/near study level aircraft (and I don't see why they can't, especially after the sim is released) at a very reasonable price say $40-60, the competition i.e. 3rd party devs might have to reduce their prices to compete.

If MSFS is the success that it has the potential to be, the economies of scale might keep the price down. To appeal to the general masses I don't see why a near study level aircraft developed by someone like Asobo/MS can't have a gentle learning curve/tutorial built in so it appeals even to the more casual simmer. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.