Sign in to follow this  
rnczyzcontrol

A330 - FS2Crew FO Trying to pull out/retract the tray

So I hate to be a complainer because I enjoy FS2Crew, but I have had a few issues with it in the 330 that don't come up in the 320.

The one that I keep noticing is that the FO seems unable to extend/retract their tray reliably. I notice this especially prior to takeoff. As we do Before Takeoff Checklist below the line, he tries to push the tray back in, and it moves slightly but then gets stuck and the sound of it retracting loops continuously until I click it myself, whereby it retracts normally. Then, after takeoff at 10,000', the FO tries to pull it back out and the same thing happens. It doesn't move, but the sounds starts playing continuously until I click it myself and then it pops out just fine. He seems able to move it at other times without issue.

This never happens in the 320 series. That series works flawlessly (that I can see).

Thanks for the continued support.

I can't reproduce that.  But I had another guy say the same thing.

Codewise, it's very simple, so there's nothing to break.

So there must be something else going on, like a conflict somewhere.

Can you think of anything?  It's got me scratching my head.

12 hours ago, byork said:

I can't reproduce that.  But I had another guy say the same thing.

Codewise, it's very simple, so there's nothing to break.

So there must be something else going on, like a conflict somewhere.

Can you think of anything?  It's got me scratching my head.

Well I hate to point fingers but I think there is something broken with the FS2Crew installation for the A330 (on my computer). I am still experimenting with it, so I am not 100% certain, but I think it is FS2Crew that has been triggering random crashes in my A330. I have tried not even installing FS2Crew in my A330 since I did a clean install of the A330 3 days ago, and it seems to be working more reliably. Where I had previously gotten a crash on 50% of my flights, I have now flown 3 flights without a crash.

This is still preliminary, and I want to do a few more test flights, but I think something is broken somehow with FS2Crew on my computer, but only with the A330. No other plane has issues.

Does FS2Crew for the A330 use a particular version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or anything else that does not get uninstalled when I uninstall FS2Crew? DirectX as well maybe? Perhaps some DLL is corrupted that doesn't get removed properly during an uninstall...

Funny thing is that it works flawlessly on the A320 series... (and every other FS2C airplane I own).

Thanks for your help.

There's nothing special about our C++ redistributable.  It's the same as everyone else's.

The A330 version of FS2Crew is essentially the same as the A320 version with some minor mods to account for the differences.

Random crashing in flight simulator is often attributable to video driver issues, overclocking, etc.

Cheers,

I don't want it to be FS2Crew. I really do like FS2Crew. But by process of elimination it is starting to look more and more like it may be the source, or at least the vehicle that enables my crashes. I've tried all sorts of things to resolve my crashes, including a total wipe and reinstall of video drivers, disabling overclocking, reinstallation of P3D, reinstallation of my aircraft, disabling various add-ons, etc,

I am going to keep on experimenting, but removing FS2Crew is the only thing that has consistently stopped the crashes. I will experiment for a few more days, and see what happens when I finally add FS2C back into the mix.

As far as C++, I only wanted to know which version FS2C Airbus uses, as I may try uninstalling that, in case that is what has become corrupted somehow. Trouble is uninstalling FS2C never removes the C++ redistributable (which is by design, I know). If that is the source of my issues, I would like to remove that and have it be reinstalled with a hopefully uncorrupted version...

I would really need something reproducible.

If you can somehow find an exact 'trigger', that would be helpful.

I doubt the redistributable is corrupt.

The A330 version is not separate from the A320 version... shares 99 percent of the same code.  It uses the same gauge (dll) file.

Have you tried looking here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/262-crash-to-desktop-ctd-forum/

Cheers,

Edited by byork

I have had a few crashes with the A330 which only seems to happen with FS2CREW active and UGCX .....at the stand ... while both are running click on one of the view options at the top right .. eg first wing/engine view...i have had a CTD when doing this the past few flights

ugcx_banner.png

Update was caused by UGCX .. Just tried it again loading up one at a time, no CTD with FS2CREW but did once UGCX was loaded , will post on the forum.

ugcx_banner.png