Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Future Feature discovery series?

The IFR discovery series on May 28 looks like the last feature series, at least until late July. Do you think it's the last one or what would you like to see in a Feature Discovery Serie?

I personally would like to see more about the AI Traffic, both sea, air and land

Maybe the air ai will be covered in the IFR episode, like how they will allow a user to be able to ie. take off, if there's a steady line of live ai landing.without having to wait for "hours".

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Looking how many times they had to postpone that episode, I think the feature discovery series isn't a priority. They must be focusing on the core features of the simulator.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Looking how many times they had to postpone that episode, I think the feature discovery series isn't a priority. They must be focusing on the core features of the simulator.

Or you know, the current global pandemic is causing delays.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Or you know, the current global pandemic is causing delays.

That was my point... They are focusing on the core features so they can keep on schedule the important things for the release.

Before the pandemic they had time to produce the episodes, now they are not a priority.

Two things I'd be interested in:

• Aircraft detail / SDK and addons
  • Behind the scenes - a short documentary of the development process of MSFS
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

11 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Behind the scenes - a short documentary of the development process of MSFS

+1

9 hours ago, tweekz said:

• Behind the scenes - a short documentary of the development process of MSFS

+2. I always wanted to ask but forgot: does anyone remember that documentary of ACES studio back in the days? Starring people like Adam Szofran, Hal Bryan and so on… Good old times. I’d hope Asobo would do that one day and give a little Vlog of their office and some dev processes they do.

Is someone singing practicing?

I'm constantly hearing Me me me me me me me  😄 

(Sorry I couldn't resist...)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Well, since the only valid idea is the "behind the scenes" topic, that tells me that all important stuff has already been covered in the discovery series 🙂 (I expect the AI traffic to be a part of the IFR episode).

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

14 hours ago, Thomasso said:

I expect the AI traffic to be a part of the IFR episode

Agreed. IFR is mainly about ATC, and ATC deals with traffic. It's all different sides of the same coin, and hopefully it will all be addressed together.

Barry Friedman

Where is IFR mainly about ATC? Isn't IFR about, well, instrument flying, as the term suggests? I surely hope they do a true IFR episode at the end of May, and not an ATC one...

If they are willing to do more "Feature Discovery" videos, the user interface, including the flight planning part, has not been covered yet. For instance, in one of the screenshots I saw a separate map window been shown. And we saw snippets only of where you can define your flight origin and destination only, where a cloud covered globe was visible. Then the questions arise, can this be shown without clouds, can airways be displayed on that map, can that map window mentioned above be drawn out to a 2nd monitor, etc.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Siggy Schwarz

That's a very good point. UI/UX and other features outside of the actual flying could indeed be worth an own episode. Good thinking!

I personally hope in the future around beta maybe, they will have a dev blog like the one for the other sim, talking to people who understand the little technical things and want to learn about  the good practices in the addon development process for the new platform.

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998