Sign in to follow this  
speterson1538

Error Code: 0x80040154

I am sure this has been discussed but the RAAS system always has the Master switch off when I load the simulator and the aircraft up. This is the log I receive. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this error code.  I am running windows 10, 64 bit, p3d v3.4, PMDG 777. I am linked to the current model, and this is the version of RAAS (2.6.14.3) I have installed. I have google this but I am not that computer savvy to handle it.  

Initializing RAAS system...
LOG EVENT -> Database directory: 
LOG EVENT -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 
LOG EVENT -> R4.CSV file found....
LOG EVENT -> SCHEMA.INI file found....
LOG EVENT -> Reading SCHEMA.INI file....
LOG EVENT -> FAILED in create Connection object....
LOG EVENT -> Operation FAILED! - Error code: 0x80040154....

Did you try to install the 32 bit version of RAAS into the 64 bit version of P3D v4?

It would appear you did... 32 bit software won't work in a 64 bit environment.

Send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

No I have P3d v 3.4. My thing is this is the version for the PMDG 777.  All I did was install PMDG 777.  That version of the FS2Crew came with that unless I didn't install it right. 

I've searched through years of RAAS history in the forum.  I haven't seen that error code reported before.

Is your system healthy?  You may just have a problem on your system with your Windows.

It's needle in a haystack.

[section header=”What is 0x80040154 Error Code?”] 0x80040154 is a typical 'class not registered' error message. It occurs when PC users try to register and Run a 32 bit dll (dynamic link library) Windows programs on a 64 bit version of Windows

Perhaps this helps?

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

On 5/15/2020 at 2:06 AM, hvw said:

[section header=”What is 0x80040154 Error Code?”] 0x80040154 is a typical 'class not registered' error message. It occurs when PC users try to register and Run a 32 bit dll (dynamic link library) Windows programs on a 64 bit version of Windows

Perhaps this helps?

Hans

So just to go over this again to make sure I am not messing something up. I am running FS2Crew the unlocked version that comes with the PMDG 777 for P3d v 3, I have 3.4 installed the last version before going to version 4. I purchased FS2Crew for PMDG 777 and installed it and it has the same problem. SO maybe its me. Help me out here when I load up the simulator and I am sitting in the cockpit will the RAAS master switch come on automatically or do I have to turn it on? I thought I saw somewhere on here that because it is a PMDG aircraft it overrides everything so you have to switch on the master switch.  It is link to my model by the way.  So I switch on the master switch, exit back to the simulator to do preflight checklist. etc... and then go back to RAAS and it is off again. I look at the error code and I get what I put above. Funny that I am the only person in the world having this issue. Ok I also have Active Sky 2016,Multi crew experience, and Vox atc when I am on the simulator.  My computer is a 64 bit operating system windows 10.  

The main problem is that somehow the msado60.tlb component is missing/not registered. RAASPRO uses the ADODB::Connection object to read the R4.CSV file. This file is usually located in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado

Try to check if in that directory you see a file named: msado60.tlb. If not, then that means its missing and we need to get it so we can register into your machine and then the problem should go away.

On 5/15/2020 at 2:06 AM, hvw said:

[section header=”What is 0x80040154 Error Code?”] 0x80040154 is a typical 'class not registered' error message

You are completly correct!....the msado60 component is missing that's why it's throwing that error. Usually this is fixed whn you get the DLL/component installed then registered then the problem in theory should go away.

Anyone having Windows 10 and P3Dv4 having this issue?...just asking to confirm if this error occurs on all users having Windows 10/P3Dv4/5 combination?

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

The main problem is that somehow the msado60.tlb component is missing/not registered. RAASPRO uses the ADODB::Connection object to read the R4.CSV file. This file is usually located in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado

Try to check if in that directory you see a file named: msado60.tlb. If not, then that means its missing and we need to get it so we can register into your machine and then the problem should go away.

You are completly correct!....the msado60 component is missing that's why it's throwing that error. Usually this is fixed whn you get the DLL/component installed then registered then the problem in theory should go away.

Anyone having Windows 10 and P3Dv4 having this issue?...just asking to confirm if this error occurs on all users having Windows 10/P3Dv4/5 combination?

Manuel

Yes msado60.tlb is there at that location. Yes I have the RAAS enabled in the FMC.

Edited by speterson1538

There is an installer/setup for an update in Windows 7 (64-bits), but I don't know if that installer wont install if you have Windows 10...I would have to test it...the URL is:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28477

That link is from the section "All supported x64-based versions of Windows 7" in the Microsoft's article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2640696/an-ado-based-application-that-is-compiled-in-windows-7-sp1-or-in-windo

That's related to the Microsoft's ADODB issue. This would be like a trial-error to see if it installs correctly or not. That in theory should install correct msado60 version.

If you are okay with testing it then, you can, but if not, I'll try to get on a Windows 10 machine to see if I can install and see how it works. 🙂

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Could the msado60.tlb be corrupt and would be just simpler to delete it and let whatever installs again do that? Just asking to throw that out there. 

No, don't delete it, there is another msado60_Backcompat_x64.tlb ...that was a fix Microsoft implemented back when Windows 7 was being supported. The correct thing would be like pasting/adding that file (msado60_Backcompat_x64.tlb) in that directory (C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ado), then register it using regtlibv12.exe (which is located in: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319)..this is a bit technical. We could create a small script to have it registered for you...I'll try to find a way...that's one more simpler...I'll try to find a way to send that file to Bryan then he could send it over to you.

Manuel

spacer.png