Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Need some real ORBX help

I was working with ORBX Central today doing things like checking for updates, syncing the sim (because of new scenery files I installed), etc.

I intentionally uninstalled the Libraries file and tried to reinstall it.   However, it doesn't go all the way, instead, stopping between 700 and 830 mb.  I've tried multiple times but I can't get it to completely install.  This is the 1st time this ever happened.  Perhaps I have to uninstall ORBX and reinstall it.  These are the kinds of things I'm thinking about.

Is there a cache somewhere that I can delete so that this will fully install?

Stan

Seems to be an ongoing issue right now, lots of reports on their forums, dealt with it myself during the SoCal download. It's as simple as closing down OrbX completely and starting it again, that seems to reconnect and continue the download. Has worked every time for me. Then you can always verify the files to make sure they are intact. 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Seems to be an ongoing issue right now, lots of reports on their forums, dealt with it myself during the SoCal download. It's as simple as closing down OrbX completely and starting it again, that seems to reconnect and continue the download. Has worked every time for me. Then you can always verify the files to make sure they are intact. 

Thank You.  Problem solved.  Although just shutting down didn't do it.  What DID do it, was shutting it down in Task Manager while it was hung up.

After doing that, it finally fully installed.  

I tried over 30 times to restart computer, shut down computer, etc.  It wouldn't continue the install.  After a Task Manager shut down, it seemed to work.

Thanks for the tip.

Stan

• Like 1

This good info Stan, thanks for sharing ! 👍