Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

nVidia Control Panel + v5?

Hi all,

I’m sort of a set-it-and-forget-it type, and honestly I’ve never really done anything with nVidia Control Panel (NCP for short) and v4.5, nor in v5 now. I was checking some monitor settings and saw the controls in the NCP for P3D. I’d honestly forgotten it was even there. I always do all my graphics settings in the game. 

I noticed that for a lot of the settings in NCP, you don’t have an option for using the game setting. It’s either on or off. So is NCP controlling some of my P3D graphics settings without me realizing it? In other words, do I need to make sure that the setting on the NCP is allowing me to change the setting in the game, or am I thinking too much? Or perhaps it’s that if there isn’t an option to use the in-game setting, P3D doesn’t have a setting for that? It’s sort of confusing why there is “Use in-game setting” for some things and not for others  

And which is better - should I be changing the setting in-game, or doing it through NCP?

Thanks!

Edited by mtr75

Hi all,

Any thoughts on this, please? Should I be doing anything with nVidia Control Panel or no? 

If you are happy with what you have, leave it alone. Otherwise you can search through old posts for various settings to change and see if you like what happens. For example some like vsync on and some like it off, some like to change refresh rates - all this would be done in NCP

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

If you are happy with what you have, leave it alone. Otherwise you can search through old posts for various settings to change and see if you like what happens. For example some like vsync on and some like it off, some like to change refresh rates - all this would be done in NCP

Vic

Thanks Vic. I’m trying to balance visuals with performance right now, like the rest of the world I suppose. I’ve just never touched NCP, so I don’t know whether it’s necessary or not. My big question is are some of the changes I’m making in the game being negated by settings in NCP, but I will tinker and find out. 

Most of the default settings in the NCP default to application control so it won't interfere. Actually using the NCP is mainly for overriding Application control. You can select the specific exe file (Prepar3d.exe) and set params specifically.

All in all, the end result is how the experience works for YOU with your eyes and ears. If you get it where you like it - leave it alone.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors