Sign in to follow this  
leec

VR Performance HF1

After installing HF1 my performance dropped significantly, however after reapplying the original VR hotfix performance increased by around 65% (18 vs 30 FPS at egll).

The original hotfix can still be downloaded here (note this had issues for Windows Mr users who will need to apply vr hotfix 2 instead).

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=136992

Hopefully LM will address the HF1 VR performance issues when they release HF2.

Edited by leec
Typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, leec said:

After installing HF1 my performance dropped significantly, however after reapplying the original VR hotfix performance increased by around 65% (18 vs 30 FPS at egll).

The original hotfix can still be downloaded here (note this had issues for Windows Mr users who will need to apply vr hotfix 2 instead).

Interesting did you log this with LM

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Not yet, can anyone else verify this on their system? It's simple to apply and remove the hotfix as per LM instructions.

I will test it this evening. P3D is at V5HF1. So I will use the VR HF2 .dll file to see how this will perform. I thought already of this combo to test. But do you know if the EA Truesky is compatibel in this combo with VR HF1 or VR HF2 ? 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Yes EA will disable upon loading but then you can turn on again in settings and works fine (usual bugs).

12 minutes ago, leec said:

Yes EA will disable upon loading but then you can turn on again in settings and works fine (usual bugs).

Great. I will test after 18pm german time when get home again. Would be great to have this "V5 Performance" with VR HF2 dll on V5 HF1 and EA on.

But if I where you you should post it on LM. I will jump in over there on your post and write my experience down there too. We should bring attention to this. My feeling seems correct that V5 HF1 didn't have as good performance as without HF1. And for us VR users Performance is a big necessary element

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I had a similar experience.  Turning off dynamic texture loading and setting vr options to single-pass (which it was before) and pre-render seem to have mostly restored it.  Still seems a slight decrease perhaps related to some of the fixes they implemented for hard crash items

Just tried it occulus rift s . First VR add on fix much better performance just took out of egll with 747 no issue . I have been stuggling with CTD and digi hung before this with 747 an modest setting s so far no crashes . FPS don't look great but smooth in VR which is what matter s. This was with TE installed as well . Has this been reported to LM

Edited by cannow

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Just posted on LM to see what they make of this

Colin hodds

3 hours ago, leec said:

Really good find Just flew myVR hell test flight. London City airport to EGLL aerosoft  Lancaster legacy ORbx TE loaded . Trueskies activated at dawn . Good frames all the some judder as aerosoft loaded. Vram just made it on my 8gig card but I think texture streaming helped.

Edited by cannow

Colin hodds

I'm getting pleasing performance with dynamic texture loading off, stereo on and enhanced atmospheric on. 

Having said that,

1. It does hammer the GPU, 2080Ti is stretched so if you've got a lower-spec card your mileage may vary.

2. There's something wrong with the water, so just like the initial release I'm sticking to inland flying til it gets fixed.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Surprised this fix has not been noticed more . VR works really well with old DLL and HF 1. 

Colin hodds

Hello, 

it doesn't quite fit in this thread, but I still ask the question 🙂 I'm currently still flying Xplane this with the HP Reverb and Vulkan.  I'm on the go in VfR machines.  what does the performance and texture quality of P3D look like?

I havent any problems with VR and HT1 (WMR). It works better than it was after the release, even with this small hotfixes. Most problems concerns settings in the sim v5 or in SteamVR only. Stable 90 or 45 Fps with motion reprojection.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

41 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I havent any problems with VR and HT1 (WMR). It works better than it was after the release, even with this small hotfixes. Most problems concerns settings in the sim v5 or in SteamVR only. Stable 90 or 45 Fps with motion reprojection.

Must be a specific Rift S issue then made a huge difference to me. Going back and using the first small hotfix dlll 

Colin hodds