Sign in to follow this  
KeithGiannoni

PMDG Latest update for B747 QOTS

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest update from PMDG for the B747 QOTS and 747-8. There are some compatibility issues with FS2Crew V1.5 for the 747. For example a door is reported open that is not, brakes not applied when they are. Do I need to do anything or is an update forthcoming in due course?

Stay safe everyone,

Regards,

Keith

34 minutes ago, KeithGiannoni said:

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest update from PMDG for the B747 QOTS and 747-8. There are some compatibility issues with FS2Crew V1.5 for the 747. For example a door is reported open that is not, brakes not applied when they are. Do I need to do anything or is an update forthcoming in due course?

Stay safe everyone,

Regards,

Keith

Relax, please, already reported to Bryan and he is aware. An SDK issue it appears

57 minutes ago, KeithGiannoni said:

always chilled

Hope that's the beer, Keith, and of course, you too🤣

• Like 1

Yes, the SDK integration is currently broken in the latest update.

Again, this is why we want people NOT to try installing FS2Crew 747 into the latest version of the PMDG 747 without the official installer 🙂

We're hoping PMDG resolves this shortly.

Cheers,

• Like 1

I saw the same issues today plus engine #1 was not operating properly even though it had started; just no power available.

Looking forward to the update.

Jerry Hayman

Luckily you can just bypass the menu item and continue normally.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

3 hours ago, byork said:

Well, with the SDK inop, the whole thing is more or less shot.

Well, not quite. If you work on buttons, as I do, you have a few problems: (Door not recognised, Brakes ditto, and that affects the FO's responses. And also there is the problem that vspeeds and V1,Vr and V2 are not being read and the engines have to be started manually by clicking the ignition buttons). But if you just click onto the next item, it progresses in a fairly acceptable manner.

I have flown 2 flights now in this somewhat crippled manner and it is not thaaat bad.

Obviously, if Mr R could fix the SDK problem quickly, then Mr.Y could make us all happy again.

Just to make it clear. This is the updated 747 running on 4.5 HF2.

Edited by IanHarrison
Clarification.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I have had the same issues with both button and voice version.  Stuff happens and this will get fixed.  One of the benefits of buying from quality vendors like FS2Crew and PMDG is that they are attentive to these things.  Pretty amazing given the market isn't like Tom Clancy, Madden, FiFA or some of the other "simulations."  In the meantime, it has been kind of fun to try to fly working around the problems...moving to the next flight phase or manually changing things.  My only frustration was with "match heading" which sent the heading setting spinning for the whole flight and nothing would stop it!  I actually had to fly headings by hand!  Oh the shame!!  Thanks for making products that are so realistic, fun and enjoyable for an affordable price!

(PS I didn't move any FS2Crew stuff anyplace.  When I did the reinstall of the new 747 FS2Crew was available with no changes on the FS2Crew installation, settings or anything else although I did "activate" FS2Crew because I always check it since it sometimes goes inactive.)

On 5/10/2020 at 1:19 PM, vc10man said:

Relax, please, already reported to Bryan and he is aware. An SDK issue it appears

Hi.

I'm a little frustrated because I read in the PMDG forum today that there was a Micro Update 747, but only for the Prepare3D.

And no more updates for the FSX will follow.

Am I right there?
Does anyone know what about it?

Regards Werner

2 hours ago, byork said:

I think PMDG stopped developing for FSX.

You have a problem in the FSX version?

Yes, I have to accept that.
Too bad, I bought the 747 for the FSX 1 week ago and now PMDG stops developing for the FSX.

My problem is that the nose wheel of the 747 is not animated when I run fs2Crew.

Is it worth switching to Prepare3D?
Can you give me a hint?

Regards Werner