Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Huge issue after updating to P3D v4.5 HF3

I never intendet to update to HF3 but then Active Sky came along with their beta which needs HF3 to work and I had no choice than to update.

Oh, my, what a mistake.

Now all the scenery is blurry, even with all the sliders to max and the trees look awful.

Any idea at all what could be the issue and more important, what can I do to solve it? Anybody had the same problem? I'm pretty desperate here because under no circumstances I want to reinstall everything again. It was running beautifully. Oh, man!

https://imgur.com/a/tm7HUoS

(the scenery in the image should be crisp and beautiful)

Did you try to delete shaders in ProgramData\Prepar3D v4\Shaders? Did you reinstall GPU drivers?

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

To be honest, you don't need to be using ASP3D at all in P3D v4 when Active Sky for P3D v4 is already working as it should.

In my experience, ASP3D works in P3D "hotfix 2" and I have no intention of changing it. There is nothing worthwhile to the non-military in "hotfix 3" in any case.

In fact, so far, there isn't much in P3D v5 over 4.5 either, except for an unwelcome return of OOMs.

4 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Any idea at all what could be the issue and more important, what can I do to solve it? Anybody had the same problem? I'm pretty desperate here because under no circumstances I want to reinstall everything again. It was running beautifully. Oh, man!

It's a beta and Active Sky did not leave you "no choice than to update." ASP4 still works fine in P3D v4.x

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

7 minutes ago, Reader said:

In my experience, ASP3D works in P3D "hotfix 2" ...

From BETA 2 (build 7434) onwards that is no longer the case.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Thanks. I shall not use it in V4 then.

19 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Did you try to delete shaders in ProgramData\Prepar3D v4\Shaders? Did you reinstall GPU drivers?

If you mean "C:\Users\tomaz\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders" than yes.

I did not reinstall GPU drivers.

13 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

It's a beta and Active Sky did not leave you "no choice than to update." ASP4 still works fine in P3D v4.x

I was under the impression I have to use the beta to be eligible to free update. Is this not the case?

I think that it is correct that you have to register for the beta to qualify but I see no obligation to actually test it, except perhaps a moral one.

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

I think that it is correct that you have to register for the beta to qualify but I see no obligation to actually test it, except perhaps a moral one.

What he said, except for the "moral" part.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

1 minute ago, Twenty6 said:

What he said, except for the "moral" part.

well, I thought I have to install it and to do so I need to have HF3. My mistake I guess. But this does not solve my problem.

29 minutes ago, Reader said:

To be honest, you don't need to be using ASP3D at all in P3D v4 when Active Sky for P3D v4 is already working as it should.

In my experience, ASP3D works in P3D "hotfix 2" and I have no intention of changing it. There is nothing worthwhile to the non-military in "hotfix 3" in any case.

In fact, so far, there isn't much in P3D v5 over 4.5 either, except for an unwelcome return of OOMs.

I mostly agree. I asked at the HiFi forums if they are up to change their minds about compatibility of the ASP3D beta with P3Dv4.5hf2 at least. I don't want to "upgrade" to hf3 either.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

To get audio working in ActiveSky 3D beta2 - I had to upgrade to HotFix 3 (could not request 122.00 or .02 until I did this) - other than a minor chaseplane issue (needs transfer and upgrade) P3D HotFix 3 is working fine (I upgraded the client only)