Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Import flightplan for any Carenado aircraft?

Hi,

I have a credit with Carenado (long story), and I really want an aircraft where I can import a flightplan from Simbrief or ProATCx, and enter the assigned departure/approach. I have the ATR42, but I can't figure out ho to import a flightplan - only create one. The Phenom 300 has the Navigraph extension, but I haven't been able to get that work on either of my systems - two different builds, different P3D versions, no shared hardware, different OS's, multiple reinstalls on both systems. I'm either looking for a properliner that is still in commercial service around the world today or a bizjet. The Falcon looks nice, and while you can update the AIRAC cycle, the feature doesn't show whether I can import flightplans. The ATR72 could also work, but I'm not sure how the FMC works on that one.

In short, it is a show stopper if I have to enter flightplans by hand. For me, it is too tedious and it takes way too much time for a parent with a 45 minute window to start a flight and fly to cruise.

Thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

How about the Phenom with Jose's GTN mod. Together with Little Navmap (free) the process would be quite straightforward: Create plan with simbrief, save in FSX/P3D format, open in Little Navmap and export to GTN format. 

Start flight and import plan in aircraft. You could also bypass Simbrief and create the plan with Little Navmap. 

Hans

4 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

How about the Phenom with Jose's GTN mod. Together with Little Navmap (free) the process would be quite straightforward: Create plan with simbrief, save in FSX/P3D format, open in Little Navmap and export to GTN format. 

Start flight and import plan in aircraft. You could also bypass Simbrief and create the plan with Little Navmap. 

You can import directly from simbrief to GTN no need of this steps.

35 minutes ago, Gumerson said:

You can import directly from simbrief to GTN no need of this steps.

You can indeed do that out of simbrief, my bad. I don't see the option in the simbrief downloader app though. I would still recommend Little Navmap for the handling of flight plans, I did serve me well.

• Like 1

Hans

Was just going to say same - you can copy and paste (and read in) the flightplan in LittleNavMap - and export to pretty much any format (to be imported) - its an amazing tool anyway for tracking your flight as you go and checking procedures / ILS freq etc (it imports your P3D scenery DB) - I use it on a Mac (with P3D on pc laptop) - there is a connector to track your flight (on a second mac or pc running LittleNavMap)

(I used it 5 mins ago to export to the RealtyXP GTN 750 format for import - synced to pc over dropbox)

Edited by julian46

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

You can indeed do that out of simbrief, my bad. I don't see the option in the simbrief downloader app though. I would still recommend Little Navmap for the handling of flight plans, I did serve me well.

You have Flight1 GTN .gfp option in simbrief

1. Download this file into <FSX/P3D>/F1GTN/FPL. 2. Open the GTN. From the HOME screen, click Flight Plan -> Menu -> Catalog -> Import. 3. Select your route from the list that appears.

Thanks all. What is Jose's GTN mod? I'm assuming that I'll reinstall the Phenom (no Navigraph add on), buy the GTM from flight 1, and. what's next?

Once I get that straight, are there any other Carenado aircraft in my wheelhouse that will allow me to import a flightplan?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

11 hours ago, duckbilled said:

What is Jose's GTN mod?

His name is Jorge, sorry.

Please see this link: 

• Like 1

Hans