Sign in to follow this  
Gabriellc

VC Transparent in P3Dv5

This sounds like Carenado's copy protection in action.

Try reinstalling into V5.

Bert

Same issues here - Carenado products are installed into v5 SimObjects with Unblock and Administrator rights selected. Some users report turning Water reflections off solves it, but I have no sucess with that. Will wait for a v5 installer.

Be sure you are using the P3D version 4 installer and selecting P3D version 4, then pointing to P3Dv5. Don't skip the second step to select the v4 option.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

8 hours ago, JesC said:

Be sure you are using the P3D version 4 installer and selecting P3D version 4, then pointing to P3Dv5. Don't skip the second step to select the v4 option.

Jesse

. and Browse  to V5... simply changing the number does not do it..

Bert

11 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

. and Browse  to V5... simply changing the number does not do it..

Thanks for clarifying that Bert. I'm afraid my explanation was not totally clear. I was just trying to make the point that you have to select P3D in the installer and then in the next window also select (bullet in) the V4 choice prior to browsing to the P3Dv5 location.

I understand how to do it; Ijust don't know how to explain it. 😉

Thanks again for your clarification. Good to have you watching over us.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

26 minutes ago, JesC said:

Thanks for clarifying that Bert. I'm afraid my explanation was not totally clear. I was just trying to make the point that you have to select P3D in the installer and then in the next window also select (bullet in) the V4 choice prior to browsing to the P3Dv5 location.

I understand how to do it; Ijust don't know how to explain it. 😉

Thanks again for your clarification. Good to have you watching over us.

Jesse

I missed that step myself... and learned the hard way.. 🙂

Bert

I've tried this, and it worked for the old C152 and C172, but for all modern/glass panel planes (C525/C550/SR22/C182 G1000/Phenom 100/Phenom300/Premier 1A), the problem of transparent cockpit still exists...I'm at a loss, as I've tried all methods suggested here in the forums.  I'm running Win10/32GB RAM/2080Ti w/11GB VRAM.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2 hours ago, SWVA4420 said:

but for all modern/glass panel planes (C525/C550/SR22/C182 G1000/Phenom 100/Phenom300/Premier 1A), the problem of transparent cockpit still exists

I'm afraid I don't know, Jim. Wish I could be more helpful but "glass" is a little above my pay grade. 🙂 I fly old school analog and when I feel the need for something more high tech I add a GNS 530/430.

Although it doesn't really sound related, and you probably already have tried it, the only thing I can suggest is that maybe those aircraft need the compatibility patch. The instructions and patch download are available on the Carenado site in the support section. Here is the link: https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046625614-Installing-Carenado-aircraft-in-P3Dv5

Hope this helps or maybe someone else will have a solution for you.

Best of luck, Let us know how it works out.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran

Hi Jesse - thanks, and yup, I've done the patch as well....same result....😖

Jim Blake

On 5/16/2020 at 6:24 PM, SWVA4420 said:

I've tried this, and it worked for the old C152 and C172, but for all modern/glass panel planes (C525/C550/SR22/C182 G1000/Phenom 100/Phenom300/Premier 1A), the problem of transparent cockpit still exists...I'm at a loss, as I've tried all methods suggested here in the forums.  I'm running Win10/32GB RAM/2080Ti w/11GB VRAM.

Hi Jim,

Wondering, have you resolved this issue? I have the exact same thing going on here.   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hi @Chocorua - no luck, but I gave up trying, ans as far as I know, Carenado hasn't done anything about it yet....

Jim Blake

5 hours ago, Chocorua said:

Hi Jim,

Wondering, have you resolved this issue? I have the exact same thing going on here.   

First, select P3D V4, then Browse to your V5 directory if the installer does not offer V5.

• Like 1

Bert

53 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

First, select P3D V4, then Browse to your V5 directory if the installer does not offer V5.

Are you sure Bert? That all seems a bit too easy in my view. 😁

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Are you sure Bert? That all seems a bit too easy in my view. 😁

Yup... Working for me..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert