Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

I guess you guys, knew this already. but Avatar Mode in 3rd Person, no model is an absolute blast in VR.

I use an X-Box controller to move around, and doing a walk around on the PMDG 747 is really something that puts the monstrous scale of that aircraft into perspective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I guess you guys, knew this already. but Avatar Mode in 3rd Person, no model is an absolute blast in VR.

I use an X-Box controller to move around, and doing a walk around on the PMDG 747 is really something that puts the monstrous scale of that aircraft into perspective.

Yeah its truly amazing.  The difference between seeing it on a 2d screen and being fully immersed into a lifesize 3d world standing next the 747 is something that you really can't describe with words, it need to be experienced. 

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

3 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Yeah its truly amazing.  The difference between seeing it on a 2d screen and being fully immersed into a lifesize 3d world standing next the 747 is something that you really can't describe with words, it need to be experienced. 

Absolutely! That‘s why I can‘t go back to flying on the 2D screen. And landing and particularly special maneuvers like side-slipping are much, much easier to perform in VR. I do a lot of GA flying where VR really shines.

Felix

That’s something I must try. I’ve gone as far as opening the doors and getting out to stand on the wing to stretch my legs and “ get some fresh air” after flying light aircraft, which in itself is amazing, but it never occurred to me to use  the avatar mode, I’ll give it a go.

And you’re right ,when  I used to be a real world 747 pilot ( up until last week, bah 😢) even after 20 odd years I would still just stand and stare at her in amazement during the walk round 

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

20 hours ago, Farlis said:

Amazing isn't it?

Now if we could only get some sort of visual multiplayer shared cockpit avatars, shoot even just a little bobble head with movement simulation would be immersive.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

For you GSX users, also give these a try with VR / avatar mode:  

-request ‘deboarding’ then avatar-outside , stand under the wing & watch the deboarding.  Do this while parked with no gate. The pax (zombies) walk down the stairs to the bus. 

- On you next flight, start your pushback, then start one engine, then switch (while in VR) to “custom view > pushback driver 1st person”.  Its another fun view & really neat to see the plane from that perspective while hearing the engine spool up.  Then, the tug will disconnect & return to its origin, you get some great views of your plane & other ground vehicles.  

cheers. 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

On 5/18/2020 at 12:12 PM, joby33y said:

For you GSX users, also give these a try with VR / avatar mode:  

-request ‘deboarding’ then avatar-outside , stand under the wing & watch the deboarding.  Do this while parked with no gate. The pax (zombies) walk down the stairs to the bus. 

- On you next flight, start your pushback, then start one engine, then switch (while in VR) to “custom view > pushback driver 1st person”.  Its another fun view & really neat to see the plane from that perspective while hearing the engine spool up.  Then, the tug will disconnect & return to its origin, you get some great views of your plane & other ground vehicles.  

cheers. 

GSX has any performance loss?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2