Howdy: I am a long time user of LNM which worked fine in v4.5. I noticed however two issues with v5: 

(1) a number of default and add-on tower-controlled airports show as a magenta color (uncontrolled airport) rather than a blue (controlled airport)

(2) When one selects 'information' about an airport, under the 'Scenery' heading which normally shows the bgl that is loaded, only the 'default' bgls are shown, not the add-on bgl as was the case in 4.5.

Perhaps these are related issues since it doesn't seem that LNM is reading the data correctly. Am on LMN Version 2.4.5 (revision b694ed83).

Does anybody else see these problems?

Here is a screenshot showing an example problem. KPHX (Phoenix International) is a Flightbeam add-on which showed correctly in P3D v4.5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lh7coowq9lzz0m7/kphx.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for any input!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

14 hours ago, pgde said:

(1) a number of default and add-on tower-controlled airports show as a magenta color (uncontrolled airport) rather than a blue (controlled airport)

Thanks for reporting! This is a result of the BGL changes in v5. As a result the tower frequency is also empty. I just fixed this for the next version.

14 hours ago, pgde said:

(2) When one selects 'information' about an airport, under the 'Scenery' heading which normally shows the bgl that is loaded, only the 'default' bgls are shown, not the add-on bgl as was the case in 4.5.

That means that the add-on BGL was not loaded at all.
Do you really see the add-on airport? Did you exclude any loading paths in LNM options? How are the airports loaded? add-on.xml? scenery.cfg?

Alex

Re point 2 -- yes the add-on bgl is being loaded. I use (for KPHX for example) Flightbeam's add-on and it is clear it is loading -- will post some pictures later this morning. In this case, it is loaded via xml using Lorby's AO.

Thanks for the reply!

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

On 5/11/2020 at 2:08 PM, pgde said:

Re point 2 -- yes the add-on bgl is being loaded. I use (for KPHX for example) Flightbeam's add-on and it is clear it is loading -- will post some pictures later this morning. In this case, it is loaded via xml using Lorby's AO.

Found the issue in the add-on.xml:

<AddOn.Component.Disabled>

This seems to be disabled by some program and will of course not load. 🙃

Alex

Hi Alex: Well, that may be one issue but below is the KMSY add-on.xml  (New Orleans) which is active and the LatinVFR files still do not show up in the information screen. Do you want me to send you those files as with KPHX? Be happy to!

KMSY add-on.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>New Orleans_KMSY</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>New Orleans_KMSY</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>y:\fs_util\LatinVFR\New Orleans_KMSY</Path>
    <Name>New Orleans_KMSY</Name>
    <Layer>191</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Yes,  I just loaded it and it is clear it is the add-on LatinVFR version not the default one. And PAO shows the path to be correct. Is LMN identifying the files for you -- i.e. is it doing what is expected with V5?

Edited by pgde

2 hours ago, pgde said:

Yes,  I just loaded it and it is clear it is the add-on LatinVFR version not the default one.

Great.

2 hours ago, pgde said:

Is LMN identifying the files for you -- i.e. is it doing what is expected with V5?

It's okay if it works for you. My testcases with other files are fine.

Alex