Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Win 10 Pro 2004 - Heavy Addons - VRAM Settings etc - 30fps

VRAM management is awesome in this build.  Even LM knows about this - I am gonna show some screenshots in few minutes.  Even I am shocked that VRAM isn't going up as 1909 Windows build.  This could help people with 6gb video cards.

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

15 hours ago, Prpn said:

You can still use the F1 GTNs with an older version of the trainer, version 2.3.1.0. That one works fine on Win 10 - 2004. Just info in case you will update later again and the Garmin Trainer has not been updated yet.

Do you have a download link? I could not find it via Google.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

21 hours ago, Nemo said:

I hope that will be fixed soon by Garmin. I had Win2004 already running on my system but rolled back just because of this incompatibility. F1 GTN 750 for A2A C172 was not usable.

On 5/11/2020 at 3:28 AM, TonyD said:

Be aware that Win 10 v2004 currently breaks the Garmin Trainer required by Flight1 and RXP

Hi, you might want to re-assess this statement, at least regarding RXP products:

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

Do you have a download link? I could not find it via Google.

Links are in the first post of that topic, so thanks goes to @RXP 😉 .

I will mention so he doesn't have to, it is not necessary to go to an earlier trainer with the RXP products apparently. I believe Flight1 has mentioned they will look into it once Windows 10 2004 gets its public release but since it is the trainer itself that is laggy and a slide show, I would say the update has to come from Garmin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi, you might want to re-assess this statement, at least regarding RXP products:

Thanks! I've been thinking about trying the April 2020 win 10 update but was afraid to lose my GTN units.

I just lose a bid on a like new GTX Titan X Pascal so I'm moving closer and closer to updating windows.

I need more VRAM now! 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thank you for reminding me these!

I've updated the links in the pinned "GTN Trainer download links" topic because the latest RXP GTN v2.5.25 is restoring support for the Garmin GTN trainer 6.50.1 (it was unfortunately removed in 2.5.24).

You might want to only refer to this pinned discussion in the RXP forum instead because it will always contain the most up to date information:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)