Sign in to follow this  
vegasjon

RealSimGear and GNS products?

I purchased both the GNS 450 and GNS 550 to work with my RealityXP product. I'm having issues with getting the bezel keys to work. I would be happy to pay for support- all I want is a person to talk to and help me if possible. The 'World Class Support' link on your website only takes you to a sales page...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Don't know about phone support, but there are plenty of very knowledgeable users here led by our very own Bert. Maybe if you posted your issues along with which aircraft etc. someone could help you via the forums or PM. There are plenty of threads regarding bezel buttons to have a look at.

• Like 1

David Porrett

What is a GNS 550?

Give us some details and maybe we can help..

• Like 1

Bert

Hi there! sorry, i meant the GNS 530! The issue I am having is that the bezel buttons do not work. I think it may be the RealityXP configuration of not recognizing the RealsimGear interface. What I have working is the the RealityXP GNS in the Addons as well as the RealSimGear device interface which sees the bezel and knob inputs. I can slide the GNS display with the bezel turned off but since I cant operate the bezel buttons it doesnt work properly. I'm running P3D v4.5. Hopefully this can get me started in some troubleshooting discussion with you all! thanks!

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Hi,

It would have been a little faster if posted in the right forum! (I've moved the discussion now)

You might want to try searching this forum with "RealSimGear" instead of "Phone support". You'll find the relevant information you're looking for (nearly 18000 messages, the information is there already)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sorry about  that- thought this was the correct forum. The reason i even asked about phone support is that it was on your website...I;m just going to forget the whole thing as it seems I've struck a nerve apparently.  Sorry to have bothered you and wasted your time...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

BTW, I just noticed you are with RealityXP, not Realsimgear. I was referring to thier website not yours. Sorry about that.

• Like 2

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Hi, 

You're not bothering at all. My answer might seem blunt, but this is already answered in past discussions, which will provide more information to help you understand and resolve this issue with RSG configuration.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

no problem! I actually got in touch with Zach at RealSimGear and he was very helpful! We got it figured out and everything is working great! Thank you all for your input.

• Like 1

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

If ever you'd like to share, it will help others in the future too!

I wish he had shared how it was fixed.

Actually I have the same problem with my recently purchased Reality XP GNS 430 V2 not recognizing the buttons for my RealSimGear GNS 430 in Prepar3d V5.  Their configuration documentation says to configure the Reality XP product to "Use Simulator GPS Commands" and shows the setup screen for the XP GTN 750 in Prepar3d, but the corresponding GNS 430 v2 setup screen does not have this option.

I have emailed RealSimGear for assistance and will update this here if I get an answer.  However, in the meantime, does anyone here know how to configure the GNS 430 V2 to use the simulator gps commands?

Thanks

Evan