Sign in to follow this  
Dyno152

When you can't pick one sim

Sure is expense to maintain two sims, though. Just set up P3D V5 and picked up Socal/Norcal TrueEarth Orbx scenery and man, I love me some sims right now. 

2020-5-10-17-18-41-482.jpg
2020-5-10-17-17-14-595.jpg
2020-5-10-17-12-20-440.jpg
a321-2020-05-10-5-41-51-PM.png
A320-2020-05-10-22-00-45.png
A320-2020-05-10-22-03-19.png
A320-2020-05-10-22-07-01.png
A320-2020-05-10-22-22-46.png

Edited by Dyno152
to fix images
  • Like 6

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

It can get complex and expensive can’t it?  I have P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 installed, X-Plane 11, DCS, not to mention a bunch of non-flying sims.  P3D(s) is certainly where I spend the bulk of my time though.  

Great shots!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Those pics show XP11 awesome power with TE regions. Beautiful lighting and pics.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 hours ago, DJJose said:

Those pics show XP11 awesome power with TE regions. Beautiful lighting and pics.

Exactly. Just needs some decent cloud and weather implementation and it would be stunning to fly. 

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Exactly. Just needs some decent cloud and weather implementation and it would be stunning to fly. 

ASXP or FSGRW along with Ultra Weather XP is what is available right now and it makes a huge difference than default.

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

ASXP or FSGRW along with Ultra Weather XP is what is available right now and it makes a huge difference than default.

Problem is, Ultra weather XP doesn't work in Vulkan, and without Vulkan its low FPS and stutters. The weather is what is stopping me using XP11 at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Problem is, Ultra weather XP doesn't work in Vulkan, and without Vulkan its low FPS and stutters. The weather is what is stopping me using XP11 at the moment. 

I find 11.41 to be an excellent alternative. Right now I'm looking to upgrade my 1070 to a Titan X Pascal and That will help fps. It will be like upgrading to the unstable Vulkan. But, at a price.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I find 11.41 to be an excellent alternative. Right now I'm looking to upgrade my 1070 to a Titan X Pascal and That will help fps. It will be like upgrading to the unstable Vulkan. But, at a price.

I am running a RTX 2080 ti. I was going to get a RTX Titan, but will wait for the 3 series now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I am running a RTX 2080 ti. I was going to get a RTX Titan, but will wait for the 3 series now. 

WOW, the 2080TI is not enough for 11.41 to run smoothly with everything to the right?

My i7 2600K along with my 1070 runs XP 11.41 everything to the right except for reflections which are off, very nicely except for major cities like TE FL Miami. I have to lower the building setting from maximum to high to get 25-30 fps.  I want it a maximum and still maintain 25-30 fps. 

With Vulkan I should easily get that and more with a Titan X Pascal.

I’ve a 9900ks 5ghz and 2080ti. 32gb rams Even in major cities with vulkan I can run easy 30fps + with reflections on high. And with them off it’s 50+ all the time. It’s super smooth too. I just wish it had a good atmospheric weather and then it would be sorted. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

On 5/12/2020 at 5:40 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’ve a 9900ks 5ghz and 2080ti. 32gb rams Even in major cities with vulkan I can run easy 30fps + with reflections on high. And with them off it’s 50+ all the time. It’s super smooth too. I just wish it had a good atmospheric weather and then it would be sorted. 

That's odd that with such a massive system you can't take full advantage of XP 11.41.

Anyway, I finally got my Pascal ordered and it should be here next week. I'm really looking forward to testing what Vulkan can do without the blurry ground textures or at least some more fps where I need them with v11.41.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DJJose said:

That's odd that with such a massive system you can't take full advantage of XP 11.41.

Anyway, I finally got my Pascal ordered and it should be here next week. I'm really looking forward to testing what Vulkan can do without the blurry ground textures or at least some more fps where I need them with v11.41.

I’ve started ‘playing’ with P3DV5 for a while whilst xplane progresses through beta. - and I’ve a sneaky suspicion once it’s finished, they’re gonna release details on XP12...