Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

Center / Approach Clash (FE)

Team

Possibly a unique question ........ as i have not seen it "discussed" in the forums here.

At 2 distinct locations & always the same FE, when being asked to contact the next center, a FE occurs, though vox continues comms with AI but does not respond to my copilots call & i subsequently reboot vox to "correct" the issue (& eventually a successful landing).... but by then i am closer to the approach handoff.

The FE as below suggests there is more than 1 frequency that could be contacted ....... by that i mean my aircraft is near the intersection of 3 UIR sectors (active & 2 maybe's and at !3,000'  on descent almost above the approach TMA, hence a 3rd maybe.

One of the spots is on the BETTY star at Mango to VHHH. If i am descending on the ABBEY star, no problems as that route is clear of the "complicating" zone of 3 sectors.

The FE as logged (note the several mentions of double headong etc)"

ATSO exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object.    at System.Object.GetType()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftStripState.CheckSegmentLeg()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AircraftStripState.SetRequiredHeading(Double heading)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ProcedureSegmentBase.CheckGuideToFixCompliance(Guidance gIn, AircraftStatus status, Double bearingToFix, Double dist, Double fixVacinity)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ProcedureSegmentBase.GuideToFix(Guidance gIn, AircraftStatus status, Double fixVacinity)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ASSWaitingAfterHandover.Moved(Position posIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ATSO.CheckMovements()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ATSO.Run()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ATSOARTCC.Run()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ATSOWorker.ActiveRun()

Any thoughts / similar issues noted would be appreciated.

for now, cheers

john martin

some details for reference on this "allways happens" glitch ...... seems vox can not handle multiple sectors possibilities above an approach zone.

or is that, each of these "problematic" arrivals (if you fly the chartered vnav profile) begin much earlier than most (that normally descend at 3o fpa or so) because they, the "problematic" have long shallow legs towards the TMA.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3y9f55zc1vajcoh/AAAy8RJ269CFg6iPQKlvNmKPa?dl=0 

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

On 5/11/2020 at 2:33 PM, vadriver said:

At 2 distinct locations & always the same FE,

& make that 3 !!

for now, cheers

john martin

I'll try to reproduce the error at the first location listed in this thread. I haven't seen that FE myself, but in an unrelated case, I've asked about whether adjacent sector boundaries that have either overlaps or gaps affect VOXATC and I was told that they do not. Also, the present version of VOXATC supposedly uses the frequency of the lowest altitude sector if the sector has layers.

I assume that you sent the err.log file on to via the official contact page.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

the present version of VOXATC supposedly uses the frequency of the lowest altitude sector if the sector has layers.

indeed P3D4's V742 does do that ...... but i think this issue is more about several rather than one beside each other clashing with the near term swap to approach (but i'm not sure what / where vox's approach space begins)

i have added my plan for WSSS to VHHH plus LNM pic of airspace layers in question (to dropbox)...

thanks for looking.

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I assume that you sent the err.log file on to via the official contact page.

i believe i did ... but i don't have a record to confirm given the "amateur" way you can submit a report.

all it says is thanks & will reply "if required" 😶

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks va. I duplicated your flightplan exactly in P3d5 and I was assigned the BETTY 2A arrival. The rest of the flight  and  the handoffs into VHHH were also uneventful. I sent a download link to VOXATC of a zip of my log files, so maybe Tegwyn West can compare your log files with mine. Note, I use fsaerodata, but  WSSS and VHHH were the stock P3d5 versions.

Edited by jabloomf1230

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I duplicated your flightplan exactly in P3d5

thanks jay.

i'll resend my "logs etc." to TW to assure myself i had a while ago !

i also use fsad but in an abridged form given i still have "altitude / dispacement" problems with the comms.bgl elsewhere (ie not at VHHH)

my afcads (ISS at WSSS & T2G at VHHH) both include selected approaches from fsad in lieu of the stock/installed ones (ie not using fsad proc files per se) ....... the same at other airports such as RJBB where there is no problem & as before on other arrivals at VHHH.

the one thing i have not "tried" is allowing vector approaches (flightplan extras) ....... but will do assuming you used such.

for now, appreciate the help. fortunately, though an annoying "bug", a quick vox reboot solves / saves the remainder of the flight (which is also a confusing aspect why that succeeds). 

for now, cheers

john martin