Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Does V5 get "brighter" as your flight gets longer?

I've noticed that my scenery, wing views, spot views, etc., get brighter and brighter as I fly.  Usually on IFR flights that last at least 30 minutes or more, things get so bright that I have to turn off HDR.  That works but it doesn't look nearly as good as when my flight starts in HDR with my lighting setup. The brightness ruins the look of the sim's scenery and plane views.

The sim is really affected by this unnatural brightness that seems to turn on unexpectedly.  I am not changing any graphics settings or fooling around with any other parameters.  It just happens, and it happens on EVERY IFR flight after about 30-40 minutes in.

Just curious if it has happened to you.  This NEVER happened in V4+.

Stan

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Wow.  Who knew?  Thank you, I am using their latest driver, but I didn't know about the brightness hotfix!

I'll try it today.  Thanks again.

That's why I love this forum!

Stan

Beware Stan, this is a driver for laptops only 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 minutes ago, spilok said:

Wow.  Who knew?  Thank you, I am using their latest driver, but I didn't know about the brightness hotfix!

I'll try it today.  Thanks again.

That's why I love this forum!

Stan

I did try it. Tested only very short. Have a feeling thst it reduced this brigghtening effect a lot. Also the adaption eye effect is reduced. It was abnormal bright before. Started at EDDF and taxiways become so bright I did not recognize them anymore. 

Well...have to test more to see if it was placebo or if it realy helped . 

I dont use shader mods

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I feel like my latest driver (445.87) has been weird but can't prove it.  Both V4 and V5 have made my default terrain look pixelated when zoomed in.  Blocky almost. maybe something else.  who knows. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

41 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Beware Stan, this is a driver for laptops only 😉

It's also for desktops. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

It's also for desktops. 

Even Nvidia has to issue hotfixes :) You are correct -- for desktops.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

3 hours ago, spilok said:

I've noticed that my scenery, wing views, spot views, etc., get brighter and brighter as I fly.  Usually on IFR flights that last at least 30 minutes or more, things get so bright that I have to turn off HDR.  That works but it doesn't look nearly as good as when my flight starts in HDR with my lighting setup. The brightness ruins the look of the sim's scenery and plane views.

The sim is really affected by this unnatural brightness that seems to turn on unexpectedly.  I am not changing any graphics settings or fooling around with any other parameters.  It just happens, and it happens on EVERY IFR flight after about 30-40 minutes in.

Just curious if it has happened to you.  This NEVER happened in V4+.

Stan

Stan,

Did you try in

[GRAPHICS]

ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR= from  0.050000 to set at 0.0

I had the same issue and is OK now.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Unfortunately, I tried that driver and it really did not work.  Brightness occurred again during my lengthier flights.

I will try the GRAPHICS tweak and report back.

Stan

Something I didn't know...HDR was 'broken' until this recommended HOTFIX for the latest driver!

I never had a metal 'sheen' display upon the wing like the following screenshots show, especially near the leading edge..   It was always dull and flat.  The ground, in fact all textures everywhere, under my HDR settings are now so much more vivid, and real looking...so...run, don't walk to install this HotFix!

Here are the two shots of my wing in the Commander 114, where the sun above is gleaning across the features, rivets, bend of the leading edge...quite fabulous now!

2020-5-11-19-13-17-595.jpg

2020-5-11-19-13-6-413.jpg

17 hours ago, killthespam said:

Stan,

Did you try in

[GRAPHICS]

ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR= from  0.050000 to set at 0.0

I had the same issue and is OK now.

Thank you.

This was the best so far in killing that "over-brightness" that indeed does occur during a flight.

Stan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Thank you.

This was the best so far in killing that "over-brightness" that indeed does occur during a flight.

Stan

Indeed. I did also used that one! That solved the brightness effect completey. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png