Sign in to follow this  
slait

Captain Sim 777 Base Pack Unavailable?

Anyone know why the base pack for P3Dv4 is grayed out?

vsAE5AO.png

- Aaron

It’s probably keeping people from making a mistake by getting it instead of the pmdg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, KnightFlyer said:

Does it happen to be in your cart already?

OMG, sometimes I wonder how I find my way home at night. Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

It’s probably keeping people from making a mistake by getting it instead of the pmdg

Perhaps, though tough to compare something that costs $135 to something that costs $60.

- Aaron

22 minutes ago, slait said:

😆 glad I’m not the only one!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, slait said:

Perhaps, though tough to compare something that costs $135 to something that costs $60.

Would you rather pay $60 for a car that doesn’t work or $135 for one that does? 

• Like 3

Orman

Pay the extra and get the proper simulation of the 777. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Pay the extra and get the proper simulation of the 777. 

+++1

I think we can all agree.  Nothing worse than when you have to pony up to buy a plane the 2nd time when you realize you bought it the first time from the wrong manufacturer. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I agree, the PMDG 777 is worth every bit.. Just save up for it.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, okupton said:

Would you rather pay $60 for a car that doesn’t work or $135 for one that does? 

Except that in this case the $60 car works fine as well but doesn't have as many bells and whistles. So you are buying a Camry or a BMW basically. Just a matter of taste and what you need from the product.

Honestly guys, I know it is always super cool to pile on Captain Sim and I'm sure they deserve at least part of it. But their 777 has turned into a decent addon through updates. I've been flying it without issues in P3D V5, and it seems accurate enough for its price point and is fine for A to B flying without caring whether all the hydraulics and electrical system is faithfully modeled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prpn said:

But their 777 has turned into a decent addon through updates. I've been flying it without issues in P3D V5, and it seems accurate enough for its price point and is fine for A to B flying without caring whether all the hydraulics and electrical system is faithfully modeled.

My problem with it in both V4 and V5 is on takeoff the auto throttle disengages at 80knots no matter what. And also on takeoff and landing the nose steering just goes to poop. I searched through the forums and google and could not find a way to address it. But yes, from A to B it does the job well. Though because of those takeoff/landing issues I've uninstalled it for now.

i bought the 777 for V4 from captainsim as one of my first payware models.  Eventually I ended up buying the PMDG.  Besides the bells and whistles the performance on the PMDG was MUCH better.  Which is something that i would put on a very high level of the importance scale.  I uninstalled the CS 777.  so can't try it again now.  I realize they are taking some heat over their 767.  But let's be honest here.  When you make a controversial pricing decision like they have, you put the radar on yourself big time.  Either way I'm just trying to share my advice that I wish I was able to get when I was in the OP's shoes. 

Lots of over simplification and matter of fact statements being made when they weren't even solicited. I'm aware of PMDG quality, but that wasn't the original question. One I'm regretting now because it was my own stupidity, but I really wasn't asking for a lesson on why the PMDG is 225% better (based on the price).

- Aaron

13 minutes ago, slait said:

Lots of over simplification and matter of fact statements being made when they weren't even solicited. I'm aware of PMDG quality, but that wasn't the original question. One I'm regretting now because it was my own stupidity, but I really wasn't asking for a lesson on why the PMDG is 225% better (based on the price).

We are trying to help you. We saw  that you wanted a 777 and we recommend that PMDG is the place to go....as fellow simmers we like to point each other in the right direction. Unappreciative much ?