Sign in to follow this  
slait

Captain Sim 777 Base Pack Unavailable?

The CS777 is normally $135??! So it isn't only the 767 that is on sale :rolleyes:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

We are trying to help you. We saw  that you wanted a 777 and we recommend that PMDG is the place to go....as fellow simmers we like to point each other in the right direction. Unappreciative much ?

Perhaps you are right, I'm being a bit snippy today. My apologies.

• Like 1

- Aaron

4 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

We are trying to help you. We saw  that you wanted a 777 and we recommend that PMDG is the place to go....as fellow simmers we like to point each other in the right direction. Unappreciative much ?

No, you're not "trying to help"; you just rephrase the tired old "PMDG is wayyyy better" drumbeat, without - in your original post - giving any reason.

You wrote: "Pay the extra and get the proper simulation of the 777." Hardly a helpful statement.

Captain Sim past sale prices for their 777 for FSX and a second copy for P3D = $US 35. PMDG 777 (never a) sale price for the same = $225.

Yet it seems that it is impossible to post the words "Captain Sim" without swarms of PMDG wasps coming to the pot of jam.☹️

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, you're not "trying to help"; you just rephrase the tired old "PMDG is wayyyy better" drumbeat, without - in your original post - giving any reason.

You wrote: "Pay the extra and get the proper simulation of the 777." Hardly a helpful statement.

Ok we are just writing to kiss PMDGs word not allowed. Is that what you want to hear? It’s not hard to search yourself and understand why we recommended PMDG over CaptainSim...you’re a big boy I’m sure you can do it. 

We’re trying to give you a better alternative for a 777 simulation you goose. 

“Pmdg wasp” going back to base. Peace. 

• Like 1

+1

2 hours ago, garydpoole said:

+1

Ok people see these three fellas here? @garydpoole @Ricardo41 @Reader these guys don’t like better alternatives.... so just Bull**** these guys whenever you want. I heard abacus makes a good 777 you should try that one.

I mean cmon now this is beyond a joke, if a fellow simmer is asking for a 777 and we decide to help by saying PMDG has the better one, shouldn’t you instead be saying thanks for looking out. What do you want me to say the pmdg one is word not allowed? Credit is given where credit is due, I’m not sponsored by the bloody developers LOL.

I said pay the extra and get the PMDG one so YOU not me YOU have a better time simming. It’s got nothing to do with taking sides either but for the 777 you don’t go captiansim.

Anyway, enjoy. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, slait said:

Anyone know why the base pack for P3Dv4 is grayed out?

vsAE5AO.png

This was the original question. He wasn't asking for comparisons between PMDG and Captainsim.

This was the original question. He wasn't asking for comparisons between PMDG and Captainsim.

He doesn't need to. There's nothing wrong with giving suggestions if hes looking for a certain type of aircraft. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

He doesn't need to. There's nothing wrong with giving suggestions if hes looking for a certain type of aircraft. 

But there is something wrong with giving a fairly aggressive “suggestion” when the OP is asking about a single addon specifically and not saying he is looking for a B777 in general.

If you come to a car dealer (to keep that analogy going) and you ask for a base model Toyota Camry, do you think it is helpful then if that dealer say “Just pay more and get a proper car like this Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe”. 

But just keep pretending is was a helpful suggestion. OPs question has been answered so maybe it’s time this topic got locked anyway 🙂

10 minutes ago, Prpn said:

But there is something wrong with giving a fairly aggressive “suggestion” when the OP is asking about a single addon specifically and not saying he is looking for a B777 in general.

If you come to a car dealer (to keep that analogy going) and you ask for a base model Toyota Camry, do you think it is helpful then if that dealer say “Just pay more and get a proper car like this Mercedes-AMG GT Coupe”. 

But just keep pretending is was a helpful suggestion. OPs question has been answered so maybe it’s time this topic got locked anyway 🙂

this isn't a car dealership.  It's a forum.  If the OP just wants to know why it's greyed out then he knows.  If he wants some free advice he is free to take it

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Just now, Prpn said:

My initial suggestion was pay the extra and get the pmdg 777, whats aggressive about that haha!!! what a joke. Also, you cant seriously be comparing flight sim addons to cars right now... those two cars are soooo far apart in terms of price it doesn't even make sense to use that analogy. Now if you want to use cars as an analogy, i'd say its more like me when i went to buy the cla35-AMG but i paid the extra and got the cla45s-AMG, and that was because a friend suggested it will be the better choice in regards to power and drive quality... he was right.. so what?

I don't even get what you guys are sooking about..  it was more like ok if you want a 777 here's a better one for a little bit more money whats the big deal? if there were more quality 777's i would've suggested them too.

• Like 1

Cant believe what i'm reading...

You all know full well PMDG's is better..end of story.

but no lets all pile on Ridvan, for making a correct suggestion...because, what? You have nothing better to do?... your embarrassing yourselves gentlemen.

The OP can  make his/her own judgement. You cant do that without other options and is made easier with other opinions. Just BTFU and stop trying to stir up something from nothing.

• Like 3

Luke Pype

I think you are deliberately missing the point. The topic was a simple question of how could it be that the purchase was greyed out.

The answer was swift and accurate. The rest is not relevant at all, except to those who posted it. Of course we should all be allowed to post whatever we wish wherever we wish to but this is the Avsim forum where one cannot even ask a simple question without a dispute starting. It went off topic after post two and yet it has been allowed to run and run.

So, if your "friend" was to buy a second hand phone, for example, and you knew it had a failing battery (for example), would you not inform him of this??

This is a forum, people talk, that's the whole point, discussion.

Can you imagine how dry it would be, if it was to take your stance on it?

...going off topic would be to talk about a 737 in 777 thread..not the case here. Advice was giving..and thrown back in the face of the advice giver. I see straight through it, the pile on was unnecessary.

What would you like it to be? 1 answer topics and locked?...they amount of info that can be gained from discussion is invaluable. 

• Like 2

Luke Pype