Sign in to follow this  
DioNe1985

[Closed] No AI Aircraft detected

Hey!

Don´t know what I´m doing wrong but I can´t get it to work. The program doesn´t find any AI models at all. I´ve tried reinstall the program several times but nothing seem to work. So frustrated right now. Please, can someone give me a helping hand? I´m using P3Dv4.5.

Best regards,

Anders

9 hours ago, DioNe1985 said:

Hey!

Don´t know what I´m doing wrong but I can´t get it to work. The program doesn´t find any AI models at all. I´ve tried reinstall the program several times but nothing seem to work. So frustrated right now. Please, can someone give me a helping hand? I´m using P3Dv4.5.

Best regards,

Anders

Hi Anders,

What AI package are you using?

S.

1 minute ago, DioNe1985 said:

Hi!

I´m not using an AI package like UTlive or AIGAIM etc. 😞

// Anders

So what AI models you use? how you installed them, etc. That is what I am trying to understand.

Simbol

• Upvote 1

Got both FAIB, FSPXAI and AIG:s and some more.All of them are compatible but FS Reborn does not detect any of  these aircraft. They are located in the main SimObjects folder of P3D. // A

23 minutes ago, DioNe1985 said:

Got both FAIB, FSPXAI and AIG:s and some more.All of them are compatible but FS Reborn does not detect any of  these aircraft. They are located in the main SimObjects folder of P3D. // A

Thanks,

The default SimObject folder is always ignored. AI Lights Reborn requires all AI models to be installed "Outside" of the default SimObject folder. You can find the steps how to move your current AI models via the add-on.xml method here:

This is by design and the reasoning behind is:

A) We never touch ANYTHING inside the default P3D sim folders, we never change any default P3D files and we never install anything inside default P3D folders. This ensures our add-on is P3D SDK complaint.

B) The add-on.xml method ensure you can share AI models between V4 and V5, we engineered the add-on this way since the beginning as we were aware V5 was coming and all the complication could result in the future, etc.

If you move your "Custom" AI model solution to use the add-on.xml method and set it as "Active" under P3D V4 or V5, AI Lights Reborn will detect them accordingly.

Kind Regards,
Simbol 

11 minutes ago, DioNe1985 said:

Sorry but I´ve already tried it and it doesn´t work either. 😞 Any more ideas? // A

Can you show me your add-on.xml for the AI models now installed outside of P3D?

S.

Hey! Sorry for a late reply. I´ve tried it again as you suggested but without any luck what so ever.  :(

24 minutes ago, DioNe1985 said:

Hey! Sorry for a late reply. I´ve tried it again as you suggested but without any luck what so ever.  😞

Ok but can you show me your Add-on.xml? i might be able to find what is the cause, etc.

S.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,4" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Custom AI Models</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Custom AI Models</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>D:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Custom AI Models</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>