Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Global Range Orbx

Outstanding products but the Vector is very demanding on resources and is was difficult for me to find the sweet spot.

The other-ones are excellent, IMHO a must.

What kind of PC specs do you have?

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Vector is no longer supported for new installations. There is not much hit with just Global, if you want something to fill bad about purchasing, that would probably the California areas. Lots of comment about bad frames with Cal.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

How is the FPS hit please, in v4 or preferably v5?

https://orbxdirect.com/category/ftx-global/esp

Annoys me that I have to pay for better textures but regardless, thanx for any responses, brothers.

If you just go with the Global texture pack it will be the same as in FSX, no performance hit since they just replace default textures with the same sized textures and add the autogen lights. There shouldn’t be any performance hit vs default.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

If you just go with the Global texture pack it will be the same as in FSX, no performance hit since they just replace default textures with the same sized textures and add the autogen lights. There shouldn’t be any performance hit vs default.

Roger, so, worth the $$?

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Roger, so, worth the $$?

Yup, would not fly without it... :cool:

And, if you are not on P3D V5, add the Free Global Airports pack..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Roger, so, worth the $$?

I’d say so, however to get the most potential from it I’d recommend their landclass packs as well. I never went for their Vector package and used UT for years. I also never went for their region packs since most of my flying is in tubes and didn’t need the extra detail and performance hit that generally accompanied them.

To be frank, if MSFS pans out to be as good as what we think it can be, our favorite a/c become available for it, I don’t think there will ever be a need to purchase another ground based texture or vector data package again. Addon airports and planes, yes, but ground based enhancements, probably not.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

if MSFS pans out to be as good as what we think it can be, our favorite a/c become available for it, I don’t think there will ever be a need to purchase another ground based texture or vector data package again

Yeah trouble is for many of us its an expensive transition, add-ons like my PMDG birds are major investments.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Boomer said:

How is the FPS hit please, in v4 or preferably v5?

https://orbxdirect.com/category/ftx-global/esp

Annoys me that I have to pay for better textures but regardless, thanx for any responses, brothers.

Using P3Dv.4 the framerate impact is there but it's manageable.

For example, I have installed: Global + Vector + EU Germany North + HD Trees + HD Buildings + Airport Addon + Rex Environment + AS

I have my framerates capped at 22 and get around 18-22. Sliders are in the middle. Manageable. The biggest culprits are the badly optimized Aerosoft airports.

My PC is over 4 years old.

ORBX frequently has sales, a few times a year everything is 50% off. A no brainer IMHO.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

I have not installed Vector in P3D since 4.2 more trouble than it`s worth for my liking, I have all global and regional scenery installed all large airports, but judging by the feedback from some depends what GPU you have plays a big part since  DX12. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

GPU is a EVAG 1070GTX

spacer.png