Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Solution Request for poor Fonts in P3DV5

I've installed the 525 CJ2 into P3Dv5. I've installed the mods for the GTN, click spots, heading adj, vertical speed adj, etc. It all works very well...but the fonts and display are very poor when compared to P3DV4.5 HF2. Just wondering if anyone experienced this and solved it?

ZJIx6ua.jpg

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Perhaps You are missing some Carenado fonts in Prepar3D v5.

These are the ones I have for Carenado / Alabeo Airplanes.
(Don't know which ones are specific for the CJ2)

AirbusDisp2.ttf
BDPOldNeo.ttf
Digital.ttf
glassga3.ttf
lcddot.ttf
LCD_MONO.ttf
LCD_MONO_ITALIC.ttf
OratorStd.ttf
RobotoMono_Regular.ttf

Edited by RamonB

I thought about that too. I backed my original P3DV5 font folder, then copied and pasted my P3DV4.5 font folder into P3DV5 font folder. Still did not work as shown in the picture above. I do appreciate the help though. We will figure it out...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I have 'solved' the problem, but I do not know what causes the problem. I assume it is an addon...

Here's how I solved it:

1. I backed up my 'Prepar3D v5 Files' folder by renaming to 'Prepar3D v5 Files-Backup'.
2. I backed up my 'Prepar3D v5 Add-ons' folder by renaming to 'Prepar3D v5 Add-ons-Backup'.
3. I then double clicked on the 'Delete Generated Files' located in the main 'Prepar3D v5' directory.

These steps remove all addons from P3DV5, leaving P3DV5 running in a 'vanilla' mode (just as it was when originally installed).

I ran P3DV5 and all ran OK.

I then exited P3DV5, installed the 525, then reran P3DV5. The display issues were solved

4FN7vvf.jpg