Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

Navigraph subscription?

Hi guys 
Just wondering what you all think of getting a Navigraph charts subscription?

It would 100% be helpful when flying SID/STARS in the PMDG but for airports that are default P3D I am assuming the apron/taxi charts won’t be correct as the Airport wouldn’t be accurate?

Just looking for some opinions before committing to a subscription 

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Not only default but ANY add-on scenery without regular update, (I mean, evey 28 days..who actually is doing that?) could possibility suffer from that.....

And sometime the navaid or it's frequency could change too. So you might get problem with SID/STAR.

But still, I use the newest data and chart for Navigraph anyway...

It is actually harder to LOCK my sim with it's all aspect to some early date and keep all thing synchronized. So just keep them as new as possible.

Edited by C2615

I find it to be fantastic and the moving map on any other device is great.  I'm used to buying RW charts, so this is a bargain for the whole world of charts.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Just now, C2615 said:

Not only default but ANY add-on scenery without regular update, (I mean, evey 28 days..who actually is doing that?) could possibility suffer from that.....

Any sometime the navaid or it's frequency could change too.

But still, I use the newest data and chart for Navigraph anyway...

My biggest problem is unfamilliar airports and trying to find my way around the taxi ways but P3D doesnt have accurate taxi ways or numbering so seems a bit silly for me to get the navigraph

The addon aiports will be pretty good though 

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1 minute ago, cwburnett said:

I find it to be fantastic and the moving map on any other device is great.  I'm used to buying RW charts, so this is a bargain for the whole world of charts.

I agree 100%, I don't think this would work on a default airport unfortunatley 

Addons get very expensive lol 

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1 minute ago, cooperwarner8 said:

My biggest problem is unfamilliar airports and trying to find my way around the taxi ways but P3D doesnt have accurate taxi ways or numbering so seems a bit silly for me to get the navigraph

The addon aiports will be pretty good though 

PMDG came with moving map in it's EFB(and 748) which use bgl data, so that should work..

For other aircraft, I some times use Little Navmap for help, if charts not working. 

I subscribed to it for a couple of months, but, frankly, didn't find it all that useful, and I hardly ever used it. Sure, you can update your plane's database - but it will still be out of sync with the default navaids. Secondly, I don't fly online. Thirdly, there are plenty of free charts available.

The moving display on your phone/tablet is fun, but that gets boring, too, quite quickly.

Edited by Ricardo41

I use it in XP11, it’s great. Updates the whole of XP too. I’m yet to try it properly in P3D, but I willl do so this week. 

Just now, C2615 said:

PMDG came with moving map in it's EFB(and 748) which use bgl data, so that should work..

For other aircraft, I some times use Little Navmap for help, if charts not working. 

Really? I didn't know that. 

I knew it had an EFB but i thought it relied on the charts not the bgl 

Very tempting buy now

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

2 minutes ago, cooperwarner8 said:

Really? I didn't know that. 

I knew it had an EFB but i thought it relied on the charts not the bgl 

Very tempting buy now

The "chart" part in EFB use Navigraph charts, I actually didn't use it much as I had my own ipad for that.

But the terminal map part in EFB is basied on bgl, can and should be update via system page to scan bgl if you installed new scenery addon.

I am subscribed to Navigraph and FsAerodata. Couldn't recommend them more. It probably depends on your style of flying.

I use the Navigraph Charts app as a moving map for taxiing (running on a separate computer). Sometimes there are things missing from the default scenery (speaking of Seattle, even runways 😄 ). But you can get a lot of either free or paid for scenery if it bothers you.

Edited by emko

40 minutes ago, C2615 said:

I don't recall seeing a moving map on the EFB itself, do you mean on the ND?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Of course its good to have updated databases. And the Navaids in the sim are also easely updated with services like fsaerodata, so the argument about default airports doesn't count here.

And, BTW: Airports itself doesn't move very often 😉

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

13 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Of course its good to have updated databases.

Why? If you're only staying within P3D or FSX and don't fly online?

I don't fly online and never have, I have a full Sub and keep my FSL/PMDG updated every month along with ProATC, PFPX, ASP4. I want and use the maps for the departing airport and destination airport. For the price and that fact I use it for every flight I think it's a bargain and very useful. Its all on my iPad and working wonderfully for the price of two Peroni's a month.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip